I've had my tongue pierced two weeks today, most of the swelling has gone down and I don't feel much pain, but under neath my tongue were the ball is it has a coating around the ball which looks like a layer of skin and is quite painful. Is this normal?? Any help would be useful x

Yes that's normal...when I first got mines that's was the worst pain ever it make u wnna just say forget it n just take it out cause it hurt that bad... I've had my tongue ring for at least 5 years now it hurt no longer only thing that bothers me iz that sometimes I bite the ball or lik I did 2days ago swallow'd my ball....lol otha than that I love it...the cleaner u keep it the quicker it heal...use listerine mouth wash it will nom under your tongue up where the ball iz making itz mark at....

Getting your tongue pierced is the best diet lol. My tongue hurt so bad and was so swollen for over a week, i could only drink water. I couldn't even eat the simplest yogurt because it hurt so bad. I've been pierced for 9 years and still sometimes if not careful will bite down on the bar while I chew a big mouthful of food.

thanks for your help! how long did it take the ball on the bottom of your tongue to stop hurting? really annoying me now hahah just want it to stop hurting, ive cleaned it properly like im supposed to and you get people who don't clean it properly and theres heals in a few days!!