I don't know where my mind was yesterday. I let my friend talk me into tongue piercing. I am not that kind of person, but it looked interesting and wild thing to do. So, I did it. Now I don't know what to do. It hurts a lot and I don't know anything about tongue piercing healing. Help, please!

You must be careful with these things. I had pierced my tongue also, but I knew what to aspect. You should use medical-grade oral rinse every day after meal for a period of 3-6 weeks. Or you can use oral antiseptic with 4 ounces of water. It is important to know that you must not use plain mouth-wash and you should not over-clean your piercing (if it is over-clean your tongue will be yellow or very white). Ice reduce swelling, and it is also important to wash your teethes three times a day to cut down the amount of bacteria in your mouth.

i got my tounge pierced when i was 18...i loved it but had to remove it when i joined the milittary...but just eat lots of ice and eat foods that r mostly liquids like soup...and clean clean clean....make sure you tal alot...the only way to get used to talking wit it is to talk...and the mor you talk the less swelling you will experience...and even if you do experience swelling...it will go down wit time but untillit dose ice is your best friend... good luck

Got my tongue done yesterday..&& I smoke..But I use H2Ocean right after every cigarette..Is it normal for the white stuff to be comin' out of my tongue??

Yes, it is normal for the white stuff to be excreted from the entry and exit wounds. It's lymph and a mixture of body fluids involved in the healing process. This turns into a scab in dryer parts of the body.

Yes, it is normaly for white discharge to be around the piercing. This is plasma, which is trying to form a scab but cannot due to the salivia in your mouth. It's all good, so now worries!!! Just got mine done last weekend!Guest wrote:

I just got mine a week ago and love it - I did experience a lot of swelling but I was eating solid food the next day. My friend got it done about a month ago and couldn't eat solid food for almost 3 weeks - it depends on the person.
Ice ice ice ice ice! Ice chips are your best friend, eat them!
Make sure you rinse your mouth after every time you eat anything.
If you can get it, use glyoxide twice a day (morning/night) follow directions on box making sure to move the bar up and down so that it gets inside the piercing.
Don't stick your tongue out too much, it can cause bacteria to get stuck inside.
Ice.l 'Nuff said.

Along with the other advice, remember to sleep with your head elevated above your heart to reduce swelling.

I had my tongue pierced three weeks ago, I can eat solid foods fine and it doesn't hurt but my tongue does not look like a smaller bar will fit yet, I'm worried I won't ever be able to get a smaller bar in. How long did other people wait before getting their bar changed?

My piercer told me to wait 6 weeks before removing the barbell to swap to a smaller size. I had my piercing a week ago and my tongue still looks poofy, but then again I don't think I swelled much. My guy started with a slightly shorter than average barbell and I'm so glad because this one gets is annoying as it is.

lols i got mine two days ago i am able to eat soft food it still hurts tho. today i realized that i had white stuff coming out and i got really scared lols then i looked online and realiezed it was ok. i was able to move the bar up and down the first day

i got mine pierced like 3 days ago and i was checkin it out and the bottom bead looks like its going inside my tongue...could it be healing over the bead???

hey guys i was just wondering if after you got the piercing u noticed that food didnt taste the same for the first couple of days... my tongue feels really numb and i feel like some foods taste strange idont kno if its because its still healing or if something went wrong :-( please let me know

I got my tongue done almost like 2 weeks ago and i have changed my BB for a shorter one and my tongue is almost back to the normal color. What really has me worried is the white discharge for the BB is this normal

I just got mine done five? days ago and I did notice the first few days things tasted a little weird sometimes and it goes in and out of feeling a bit numb but all in all it feels pretty good now, no pain at all now really. I'm sure by tomorrow it'll be good as new again. The only annoying thing about my piercing is that I have a really short tongue and he pierced it really far back on my tongue so it's at a crazy angle and I'm hoping he didn't put a longer bar than usual in because it's pretty tight on my tongue and I don't think it's really swelled, I just don't want to be stuck having to try to find weird sized tongue rings forever. I don't think I had a very good piercer :s