Hiya, I have had my tongue pierced for about 4 weeks now, and when i take my bar out and pinch my tongue in the middle it has a big lump, it feels like a absses, but i know its not! its also on the front, but it is all together so it leads to the front.. If you get me? it looks like the top off a volcano, but you can only see this if I put my tongue in different positions!  It hurts a little sometimes but there is NO sign of discoloration, but it was been 4 weeks tomorrow and im getting kind of scared now, i have had white ish' puss come out of it.. But i have heard that is normal, i am using salt water in the morning and in the evening.

But i do love it and i don't want to take it out! so please help me..

it could be scarred tissue build up or it might be ripped somewhere. use a soft tooth brush and brust the sight of ur piercing and see if it helpss after a few days. i got mine done the same time you did and mine is how u discribed yours but mine is ripped in two places. so check for any rips. if its ripped try putting in a shorter bar so that way the ring doesnt move around in your mouth as much while talking or eating so it can heal better. also rinse your mouth after every meal and make sure its sea salt water. hope i helped

what do you mean by brushing it with a tooth brush, and i salt water in the morning and at night.. shall i do it more often? and because of the bum the shorter bar does fit, but with not much room, you did help alot thanks:) i just use normal table salt and boiling water then ad cold water to make it cooler? is that okay?

sea salt is better because it will kill any bacteria in you mouth and on the bar. im not sure if regular salt does the same. but for brushing it just get a brush with soft bristels and lights brush where your tongue is pierced so it can get anything the might be stuck in there out.

ive been told not to stick my tooth brush dow then whole, it will cut it and led to infection, has you lump gone yet? mines 5 weeks tomorrow, and how long did yours take to go if it did?:)

im not saying put the toothbrush down it just over it

I have the sane thing! I had mine for 2 yrs it ripped but it just showed last night did your went away alredy?

hi ive had my tongue done for about 2 and a half years and i took my tongue bar out an i have a lump in my tongue :/ its very sore but i  realy dnt want it to heal could some one tell me what this is ?? thanks (kylie) 

I had mine done about 4 years ago and see now its really sore and has a big hard lump i had to take it out been like this for 4 days now and i dont no why its doing it

I've had mine done 5 years and the past 2 days it's been so sore I've taken the bar out for abit to give it a break and it feels solid if I squeeze it. Do you know what was wrong with yours?? Has it gone nowV

I've had my pierced for 11 years and I take it out once in a while for a couple weeks at a time. Almost every time I put my bar back in it gets what's seems like infected a sore bulge in the middle of my tongue.. it always goes away after a week or so tho it's just painful and annoying

I got mine last Saturday and I have a ball in my tongue is that bad and I been cleaning it

Hey guys umm I had my tongue pierced 2 months ago and notice a white bump on the bottem of it like no discharge or anything just it hurts to squeeze it like with my fingers ... I have a short bar in and it's not hurting me anytime but when I squeeze it I rinse my mouth out a lot with salt water just wants it to go away

I have the same problem. I got mine done two months ago and the bump hasnt gone away , it doesnt hurt, I took out my tongue ring

I just got mine done Thursday and mine is ripped. Thanks for the words lol.. They helped.