So I got my tongue pierced last Tuesday and its now Wednesday. So its been pierced now for a little over a week. Yesterday it was barley swollen and i could talk fine and eat fine. I have been cleaning it with non alcohol mouthwash and brushing my teeth regularly. But last night i woke up to it irritating me and i was playing with it in my sleep. Then this morning around 6:30 i woke up to it being SO swollen, even more then it was when i got it pierced. I'm kind of in a panic and the place i got it done at, there not open until 11. So if i can get some advice it would help me out a lot!! 

Hi, i had my tongue pierced as well so i know what you are going through. Mine was actually not that swollen when i got it pierced but after couple of days it was enormous. I could barely speak because my mouth was "full of tongue", like if i close my mouth it looked like i had something in my mouth. I had trouble speaking and i was able to only eat some soups, yogurt and plus i had trouble swallowing so i would spit often. Quite a nasty experience. It just needs some time for swelling to ware off. Give it like a week or so and your swelling will go of. Try to avoid any hard food. Eat your food in liquid form only. The swelling is perfectly normal and expected, whoever pierced your tongue should have said something about it. Just be calm and it will be over soon.