i got my tongue pierced a few days ago. i keep eating ice but it's still really swelled. i can't eat anything it hurts so bad. and every so often it bleeds and around the piercing turns really dark. is all this normal?

I've had my tongue pierced for a little over 4 weeks now. I used listerine at first but my tongue swelled up huge and stayed pretty big for about 2 weeks. I switched mouthwashes, I started using Biotene and it's easier on the open wound, which is what the piercing is. I would drink ice cold water alllll day and keep it in my mouth until it got warm and it would numb my tongue. It helped the swelling. I survived on soup or protein shakes because I couldn't do real food. In the morning sometimes mine would bleed but it's because your mouth dries out at night and makes it easier for the blood to clot and then it bleeds again because when you wake up and move it, it tears. Not sure about the dark around the piercing. Hope this helps a little.