i won't try to describe it.. that's too difficult.. XP so here's a picture:

there's no puss that i've seen.. i've had it for 4 days.. still swollen, but it doesn't hurt as much.. what i'm worried about is that thing that's in front of the tongue ring -- it feels and looks like tastebuds that have grown.. but they're yellow with some red in the middle..

i smoke cigarettes, and the piercer told me that it would take longer to heal, so i'm not so worried about the whole swelling thing.. and they told me that the yellow stuff that's on the back of my tongue was plaque..

basically, can someone tell me if it's normal?

Hey
my names kristian
i have the same thing on my tongue
and i was wondering
did your ever heal right
or was there something wrong with it.
cause to be quite frank
im freaking out about mine
because it looks JUST like that

Hey, i got mine ddone aorund 3 montths ago, i have my ognue swell up and thicken, whitenen and such for maybea week to a week and a half But a big ball like that with red in the middle ? Im thinking you such get checked. I think mines infected. I dont have anything not even a dent in my tongue its totally the hottest tonge ring but my glandes are so swollen i can barely talk right now. and i talk all the time ahaha. s0o, check it out, forsure,. im on my way to the docotrs to grabs uma nti-biotic right now haha, Catch ya later. Julz. !

You have to be very careful with what you do when you get your tongue (or lip) pierced. After you kiss, smoke, eat, drink you should ALWAYS wash your mouth with mouthwash--preferably Listerine. You should do this for the first 6 wks.

--LinZ

it looks lke a keloid or some scar tissue formed... you might want to remove it and try again if it doesn't go away.

hi iv had mine down for bloody ages now
and mine went exactly the same prolli swelled up alot worse, and my best mate had that little thing in front of her bar.

she got it from where she hd coaught the bar and it ripped slightly its just it healing back, try not to play with it.
and for the swelling an dtaste buds gone, its natural fior that to do within a week it should be fine

Mine did the same thing and i freaked out too! But dont worry. that completely normal, i still have mine. A little blob formed on mine just like you have, but one day it just fell off or went away. i thinks its scar tissue of something like that. Dont worry, it not infected , i still have mine and i got it done 3 years ago ,)

hey guys my tongue is the exact same its called a keloid. it can be cut off, but it wont hurtto leave it be eaither.

I had the same problem but it will go away but it'll take time! Avoid playing with it.

ok if its only like 4 days new, and you have been cleaning it good enough, i doubt it is infected, my tongue did the same thing, that little white like scabish type thing went away after about the first week or too, if you are still really concerned or you see actual puss(not white blood cells but puss) go get some antibiotics for it, dont take the ring out cuz then the infection will get trapped in your body.(if it is infected) if your still concerned call up the place that did the piercing and ask them about it.

DO NOT use listerine. Using alcohol based chemicals on a piercing will only harm it. Go to the piercer, ask for the mouth wash there. They will give you a non-alcoholic mouth wash for it.

my tongue ripped a little and is taking a while to heal yellow stuff keeps coming out wat should i do

Do not do not do not over use mouth wash, i've only had mine in for 2 days and it turned my tongue white which means i've stopped some natural chemical or whatever from cleaning my mouth for the moment. I don't recommend sea salt for any other piercing except this one and only use 1/4 of it and use bottle water heated in the microwave. I also recommend motrin, it works wonders.

i had the same thing, i also wondered if it will go away. and it did. but i then removed it and left it for about a year, it was religion thing, not the earing itself;) i found out year later i still have hole through my tongue so i decidet to put it back in and it worked. the earing was a bit thicker than the needle so i actualy had to pierce it again. it was swollen for a while but that went and my tongue looks exactly like this, i believe it will be same case as before, just takes some time to heal. use mouth wash and stuff, alcohol free, thats right. and try not to smoke, that doesnt help either. but dont worry, its ok. good luck Eli

i just got mine done and like two days later like a purple spot showed up is that normal