ok so i got my tongue pierced on jan 21st and it hurt quite a but but immediately after the tip of my tongue directly in front of the barbell and a little but bigger than the width of the barbell was completely numb. it was like that for the first two days. but now is day 5 and it feels like stabbing pains sometimes and burning feeling other times. just really uncomfortable. i can feel it now when i bite on it. i couldnt before but it still doesnt fee normal. its pretty uncomfortable. i just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem or knows anything about it. piercer said if it persists come back in a week. also is crest pro health good to use as mouth wash because my tongue is still white and im not rinsing as much. anyone else have any other ideas or tips would be awesome. thanks!!

Can you tell me how you're doing? My Daughter got her Tongue pierced yesterday and is strangely numb at the tip....she says like an electric feeling, buzzing on the tip

I had my tongue pierced 3 days ago and I'm having the exact same problem! It's the same odd feeling. Have either of you had any luck yet? I'm going to try taking the bar out and rinsing really well with mouthwash while it's out. I've been hoping that maybe it's just swelling pushing on a nerve but I'm really not very swollen. The thing that makes all of this even more strange is this is a repiercing. I had taken my first one out 4 years ago and decided I wanted it redone. He put it in the exact same spot so I have no idea why it's causing problems this time around.

Nervous!!!

Any comments on your outcomes would be much appreciated!

I'm having the same problem

Either the swelling is pushing on the nerve and that is making it uncomfortable, the piercer hit a nerve or it is scar tissue. If it is tooncomfortabel I suggest taking it out!

same deal here. nothing i have read says its a good sign XD most ppl say its uncommon but there is alot of ppl asking this question online.
im going to try leaving it in for a few days and maybe calling my piercers to see what they think...

omg i am having the same problem and im very worried if it is a permanent damage. it has only been two days since ive gotten it , so im debating whether to leave it in for a couple more days or to take it out right now

i am having the same problem my tongue is swollen and it has been numb at the tip for the two days i have had it done idk if i should take it out or leav it in. have yall had any luck with it? please let mt know.

Me too. This is my second tie me getting it done and this didn't happen the first time but it kills now and is numb from the hole to the tip, did any of yours go away?:(

@ Caitmarie - I just had mine done three days ago for the second time as well. I am also having numbing at the tip. Please tell me how everything is? Did you keep the tongue ring or take it out? I need some advice because I am very worried myself. Hope all is well.

I just got my tongue redone the other day and I'm having the numb feeling too, did it eventually go away for you any Of you guys?

Why is no one following up with an update?D: i got mine done Wednesday and its now Sunday, its still kinda numb and im getting worried:(

I got mine done two months ago and it was fine for a whole but lately it's been really numb& its swollen.

im having the same issue too but from everyone i talked too its not threatening but theres a chance you wont get feeling in that spot again

hi, its totally normal to be numb in the beginning ! its a part of the healing process but if it doesnt go away in a week you should go to your piercer and check it :) mine was numb for about 5 days and then it went away and it has been one week now and its totally fine