I have Lupus and my biggest issue is joint pain at night...and when I say pain, I mean, can't walk or flick my bic lighter pain. The doctor has given me every type of pain med and rotates them from narcotic to non-narcotic. I told him, none of it impacts the pain, but some of them do help me to fall asleep...which is a blessing...Recently all them seem to have stopped doing that...so my doctor prescribed 50mg of Trazodone at bedtime. I thought it would put me right to sleep, but it didn't. It did seem to relax me...but I dozed and woke up over and over all night. Is the sedation affect to help me sleep supposed to be immediate or will it be better as each day passes? Also, if I am in big time pain can I still take a Lortab or Tylenol 3 or darvacete with it? Thank you.

I'm not sure. I'm still early in diagnosis, but am also having pain at night. My arms hurt and ache so bad that they will even wake me up. If you find any more info please keep me updated and I will do the same. Best wishes.

In my personal experience and also in speaking with many Lupus patients, I can tell you what has worked extremely well. Due to the fact that Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease in which a person's immune system mistakenly attacks the body's own tissue. An antioxidant for both oxygen and nitrogen should be your first step. Make sure the products have the isotonic delivery system, at least a 95% absorption rate for maximum results.
Facts About Lupus:
- Lupus can cause life-threatening damage to major organs such as the
kidneys, lungs, heart and central nervous system.
- Lupus is the leading cause of death among women with autoimmune
diseases who are in their childbearing years (ages 15-45).
- Women are five times more likely to die from lupus than men, and
African Americans are three times more likely to die from lupus than
Caucasians.
- Between 1979 and 1998 there was an approximate 70% increase in
lupus deaths among middle-aged African American women
If you are interested in obtaining the information on a product line I am very familiar with please e-mail me: _[removed]_.