I have been diagnosed with thyroid problems and for the last month also lupus occurred. Is it possible to have lupus and thyroid problems altogether?

It is quite common to have autoimmune diseases, and problems with thyroid gland and lupus are both autoimmune. See a doctor and you’ll be given a medication for lupus, which is compatible with those you are taking for problems with thyroid.
Best regards!

I have both

I have both and almost died a few months ago.

I went to Aviva Boxer in Playa Del Rey, Ca. She is a naturalpath and an accupuncturist. Her homeopathy cure worked.

I no longer eat sugar or grains. I have lost weight. That helps.

I drink raw milk collastrum because it clears up autoimmune diseses.

I do still get a few skin sores/ break-outs, but not like before.

I have both.

I had thyroid cancer so I now have no thyroid and am on synthetics. I now have lupus as well and everything is wrong with me. How did you almost die? Also what kinda treatment did you get?

I was diagosed w/ SLE 20 years ago. I was recently diagnosed w/ papillary carcinoma this past February ('08) and had a total thyroidectomy followed by radioiodine therapy. My lupus has been inactive since having a kidney transplant 14 years ago. I've gone through numerous health problems due to manifestations of lupus and now am going through even more health problems due to being hypothyroidal. I've learned to live life on a day-by-day basis otherwise, I would never be able to cope. My faith in a higher power sustains me. Keep the faith!

Hi, I was diagnosed with hypothyroid about five years ago and recently lupus and sjogren's syndrome. The doctors both told me it is not uncommon to have more than one auto immune disease. I am on synthroid and plaquinel. good luck