I have 31 years and my question is if lupus in my family may indicate that my child once when I get it may have lupus also. The fact is that my mum is having lupus but looks at me I was borne without any complications and never get the disease. But I wonder now for I plan to stay pregnant if there’re some chances for my future child to get lupus disease because of the lupus in my family?

Yes lupus is hereditary but in most cases it’s not. I have also lupus in my family but for generations now we’re health persons in general with no signs of lupus disease. But once you get your baby there’re some tests that can help you to find out if your child is having lupus. At least it is what I did with myself and with my kids also. Yeah I’ve got two kids and my brother has three girls and we all seem to be healthy without any signs and symptoms of lupus. Anyway you need to inform your doc about the lupus in your family so your child might be physical examined in which manner some possible rashes or other lupus signs may be found out and there’s also blood and urine lab test which shows if the immune system is overactive. And also there’s another info that may be of importance for those with lupus in their families and that is that lupus is most common in woman in their childbearing ages meaning between 15 and 44 years and some studies has showed that woman’s hormones play a big role in getting lupus.