Hello! My mom suffers from GERD and she has been on meds but some days ago I noticed she is using diffrenet kind of drugs called elevil. On the box I found it wrote that it is a an antidepressant. Is it possible to treat a GERD with elevil? Thank you for your time

Hi there!To be honest I don’t know if it is possible to treat GERD with Elavil. I have been using it for my bulimia problems but it is a tricyclic antidepressant used for depression, chronic pain from a variety of conditions. It also reduce the incidence of chronic headache or migraine, ulcers, uncontrollable hiccups, primary insomnia, and it can control the involuntary crying and laughing experienced by individuals with multiple sclerosis. That is what I know about this drug. Maybe you should talk to your mother, she is the one who can give you the best answer.