Hi everyone,

I am suffering for some time now from depression, I tried treating it but I can't do it, I'm not a strong enough person to change my life and my thoughts just like that. I will let it stick around for a while and try again some time later again.

What worries me is that I've started having severe headaches recently, I'm guessing that they are occurring because of my depression, nothing else should be causing them. My head hurts like hell during the length of these headaches and pills and tablets don't really seem to be of any help.

Hey Guest,

Yes, there is a strong link between depression and severe headaches, your depression is what is causing them, that's for sure.

The type of headache that is mostly connected to depression is chronic migraine. It usually lasts for up to 15 days, doctors can easily connect this migraine with depression if you tell them that you have depression and how many days in total have you had constant headache.

Usually, these are treated with antidepressant medications, however, I am not a big fan of pills and tablets, so you might better want to find some sort of a natural cure.

Hey Guest,

Yes, there are some things that can help you out. I agree with EatingBoss that medications are not a great solution but sometimes you just have to do it when nothing else seems to help.

You should seek for natural remedies or home remedies instead of taking pills. For instance, you can apply an ice pack to the painful part of your head. Taking a warm bath or shower, taking a nap, or taking a walk can help with severe headaches, and you could ask someone to rub your neck and back, or treat yourself with a massage, everyone needs a massage.

Hi there. Headaches and depression are closely linked together. So it is very possible that your depression is one of the causes for the headaches that you are dealing with. It can turn into migraines that can cause nausea and throwing up . Anyway, you should consult your doctor about this because he can help you and find some adequate cure for your condition. 

Do you use any antidepressant medications? Because if you don't maybe you should consider about taking them. It is not shame and they can be very good, they can help you with your depression and headaches as well. 

No, no and no! I don't agree. Medications can be helpful but they are not the solution. Those headaches and that depression will go away temporarily when you are using certain medications or anti - depressants. I was using them and while I was using them, I felt amazing. But as soon as I am without them, I have a feeling that my depression is even worse and that those headaches that I have will literally kill me. My advice is to try something other - some diet program, drink tea, exercise, swim, ride a bike, run slowly. Anything, just not the medicines. Good luck there.

You can't tell this guy not to use medications if his doctor prescribed medications for him. You can't change it. Anyway, I agree that you should try some natural remedies because they can be much better solution than any medications. But also, the huge factor is - how bad are those headaches, how long they are happening, etc. Yes, that type of the headache is usually connected to depression but there are some tests that can show this. If you don't do those tests, you can't be sure about it, right? Visit your doctor and talk with him about everything.

Good day there.

It is a normal process, I believe because I also have severe headaches when I am dealing with my depression. Sometimes, those headaches are really bad so in that case I just want everyone to leave me alone, because I feel much better when I am alone, in dark room without any music, television or similar things. Everyone is dealing with depression differently, I found my cure. Some people just use antidepressants, but I think that this is the last thing that I would do. Find the best cure for yourself and you will see that you are going to feel much better.