My daughter-in-law has been diagnosed with POTS. However, her doctors seem to be at a loss as to how to proceed. We urgently need guidance. Thank you!

National Dysautonomia Research Foundation (NDRF)

ndrf.org/ The NDRF has doctors list, discussion forum, and general information.

nymc.edu/fhp/centers/syncope/POTS.htm - Center For Hypotension

nymc.edu/fhp/centers/syncope/index.htm - POTS information page (Center for Hypotension)

"The Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS): Pathophysiology, Diagnosis & Management" - excellent article

"Acetylcholinesterase inhibition improves tachycardia in postural tachycardia syndrome" - new treatment option

Dr. Julian Stewart's recent study is on the Web - Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction in Adolescents with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Is Characterized by Attenuated Vagal Baroreflex and Potentiated Sympathetic Vasomotion.

content.nejm.org/cgi/content/abstract/343/14/1008 The Neuropathic Postural Tachycardia Syndrome

content.nejm.org/cgi/content/abstract/343/12/847 Autoantibodies to Ganglionic Acetylcholine Receptors in Autoimmune Autonomic Neuropathies

mc.vanderbilt.edu/gcrc/adc/oi.html Vanderbilt University on orthostatic intolerance

home.bluecrab.org/~health/sickids.html For Parents of Sick and Worn-Out Children

content.nejm.org/cgi/content/abstract/342/8/541 Norepinephrine-Transporter Deficiency

Here is a Mind Experiment for Doctors to help them appreciate the severe difficulties patients with chronic orthostatic intolerance syndromes face every day. Suggestions for reform of the medical profession are also detailed.

In order to be diagnosed with POTS, a person is given what is called a head upright tilt table test (abbreviated HUT or TTT).If the person has POTS, the TTT will prove an excessive heart rate increase.
------------------------

Our immune system would have evolved to co-exist with intestinal parasites. As we are no longer part of evolution,we must therefore suffer the withdrawal symptoms.

I have had many difficult years with POTS but am so grateful to have a wonderful cardiologist who has been a Godsend! His name is Dr. Grubb. He actually coined the term POTS and is widely respected. He is located in Toledo OH at UT Medical Center. I also went to a Dr at Cleveland Clinic who was amazing as well. Good Luck!

I wanted to see Dr. Grubb because I have read some of his articles and he really seems to know his stuff, unfortunately he has a waiting list of over a year.  I am going to check out a treatment center in Dallas and has heard that Dr. Grubb has good things to say about it.  Would you know anything about it. 

Hi there, I have heard the POTS treatment Center in Dallas has a really good program. I am taking my teen there this summer for treatment.

Quote this post in your reply.