I am 22 years old from Texas and have been experiencing abnormal symptoms since July where I had to go to the ER because I started to have palpitations, chest pressure, and trouble breathing in class. They did blood work and hooked me up to a machine and everything was fine so they suggested a cardiologist. My symptoms since then include diarrehia or loose stools which I had before the ER incident, I get light headed and dizziness, sleep problems, anxiety type feelings, high blood pressure, most times I eat and dont feel full, gas and bloating, bad gas, palpitations, and sometimes chest pain, I developed TMJ over a year ago, and I find that i constantly itch my nose. It has been a rough 4 months because before all this started I was pretty healthy and worked out everyday. The light headed/dizzines feeling keeps me from going to the gym or doing hard workouts like I used to do. Ive been going to a cardiologisit and all of my tests showed up fine but I was put on a beta blocker. I got off of the beta blocker because I was having bad side effects to it and could not carry on a normal day. I went to a primary care doctor and he gave me 2 capsules to fill for a stool sample, both came back negative for parasites but Ive read that it is sometimes hard to detect for parasites especially if you only go off of 2 stool samples. I was reading another forum and saw a post for POTS and some of those problems match my symptoms. Im not sure if it could be Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) because I have never heard of it before and do not know how I would have developed that situation.

Like I mentioned earlier, this has been a rough 4 months for me and I just want to go back to normal lifestyle. I still think it is parasites but now im wondering if it could be other things like POTS. I really hope someone can give me some feedback or answers because this is starting to really take a toll on me with depression like feelings. Thanks

Cory

Hey cory I am a POTS sufferer I suffer from the dizzy spells to slight seizures ( first one was 2 days ago :( ) it is very unknown and the only way of diagnosing it is with a tilt table test. when you say you have dizzy spells are they when you go for laying down/sitting to standing or randomly?

They kinda happen at random. What other symptoms do you have?

Well PoTS symptoms come on due to change of posture (postural) so from sitting or lying down to standing this is happens because a PoTS sufferers body fluent try to counteract gravity and blood sinks from the chest cavity to the legs and lower torso meaning less blood to the brain and therefore less oxygen to the brain. When I stand up I get dizzyness tunnel vision (sometimes total blindness for a few seconds) pins and needles all over my body and completly zone out, generally my worst is loss of consciousness for any where between 10 arcs to about a min but my worst one so far is what appears to be a seizure but I'm waiting for my GP to confirm that. Also PoTS has been proven (kind of) to respond well to resistance training so it shouldn't stop all forms of exercise

Ya i never get dizzy or experience tunnel vision when I stand up. Its just I go through feelings of being light headed/ feel like im off balance during the day, anxiety and nervous type issues, and i feel light headed/dizzy sometimes during weight lifting or after a run.

Cory
have you ever checked your heart rate while lying down and then immediately upon standing? Most POTS sufferers - myself included - present with an increase in heart rate of at least 30 bpm within the first 10 min of assuming upright position. I'd go back to the dr if I were you, but in all honesty your symptoms do not sound at all like POTS to me.
Best of luck figuring this out.
Amy