My heart started fluttering and then spread to my head, vision began going dark and I had to sit back at my desk.  I've had minor situations in the past similar to this, but this one was much bigger and I actually thought I might pass out or was I possibly having a heart attack?  There were no sumptoms such as arm pain, or jaw pain or really any pain of any kind.  Just the heart fluttering and then nearly blacking out.

Does anyone have any idea what just happened to me?

It's important to rule out any serious heart rhythm disorder, but based on the fact that you said it spread to your head, I would say you might have experienced a panic attack. How exactly would you describe the fluttering that spread to your head?

It is often important to consider Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), if you have not done so already.I have this very unheard of and misdiagnosed illness that greatly affects my heart rate and heart rhythm, among various other functions. Please feel free to ask questions or request more information.Take care,

B