I am 25, m, normal weight

I have had stomach problems off and on for a couple of years. My symptoms change frequently ranging from excess gas & reflux to bowel changes (texture, frequency, and color).

For the past 3-4 months I have been unable to exercise for more than a few minutes at a time. When I begin to exercise, I experience abdominal extreme tightness/burning/cramping in my upper abdomen (center) and extends down to my belly button. I also get weakness and sometimes start shaking. The same occurs when I spend time outside on a hot day or take a hot shower.

When this happens, I have to quit exericse for about 15-20 minutes for the severe pain to subside. If I push myself, I end up sick for days.

I have tried taking antispasmodics (hyoscyamine) and Zantac for reflux without relief. I have also tried taking SSRI's (thinking IBS-stress may be cause), but I cannot tolerate them.

Please help. This all causes me stress and I really want to get this behind me and get back to exercising frequently without these symptoms.

You should look into autonomic nervous system disorders (dysautonomia, etc). These can cause all sorts of digestive disorders, generalized fatigue/weakness/dizziness, temperature interolerance especially to heat (moist heat alot of the time- like showers etc), and can also act up with exercize and with postural changes (standing up for periods of time etc). It can cause all sorts of problems- some people who have it only have a few and others have alot. look it up- also look up POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). its a form of this disorder and there is a website out there specifically for POTS but also describes the other disorders in good detail. You have to find a good dr that knows about these disorders to know how to diagnose and treat them (usually its either cardiologist or neurolgist). Also a gastro dr would be good to rule out other things too I'm sure. Hope this helps somehow and take care- keep us posted.

my Daughter has the exact symtoms. Did you find the answer?