Hi, I'm a 28 year old female with no current medical conditions. I was born with Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome, but I had a successful ablation done at 14, and I have had no recurrance of WPW. For about a year now, EVERY time I wake up, whether it be in the middle of the night, or in the morning, once I stand on my feet, my heart beat goes up to 120-140. The beats are fast but not hard (as in if I don't take my pulse I wont feel them). This is NOT accompanied by shortness of breath, dizziness, or pain. But, it IS accompanied with extreme fatigue. Often I don't find the strength to walk, and I have to sit back down on my bed. My heart beat will drop down to 70-60 immediately upon sitting down. This sudden drop brings even more fatigue. I have seen 3 Cardiologists. I have done ALL tests (holter monitor, event monitor, echo, exercise test, ECG) THREE times! I have also done several blood works and urine culture tests done. No abnormalities have been found. But my condition still exists and it's very disabling :( I cannot get out of bed to use the washroom in the middle of the night. Many mornings I have to call in sick due to fatigue. Any words would be appreciated.

It sounds like postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). An increase of pulse of 30bpm or more from lying down to standing is a sign of this syndrome. Officially it is diagnosed by a tilt table test. I have a similar situation where my HR at rest is 60 and standing up it shoots up to 110-130. If it gets high enough to make me feel nauseous like I'm going to faint I will be incapacitated with fatigue for the rest of the day. This post was written several months ago so i hope youve found some answers!

Hi Kat,

This is exactly what I have been experiencing. Although accompanied by head rush. Did you ever get any answers?