Hi,I have question around my fast heart beat. My Specialist advice me to see neurologistToday I had a heartbeat of 115-138 when I was just sitting or laying down and had chest pain, upper left back-shoulder pain and I feel dizzy.I see many of the symptoms described here wish is ventricular tachycardia:

My background:Im 32 years old from Belgium and I have a Asymmetrical chest, my left chest is smaller and my right chest bone is bigger. I eat very healthy, fish, vegetables, nutrition and exercise every day.I exercise 3 times a week for 1 hour intensive weightlifting interval training, all the other days of the week I swim 1km every day.

My average heart rates:When I exercise my heartbeat is between 120-165…When I sleep 60-75/ when I lay down 78-95/when I sit down 95-115 and when I stand without moving around allot 98-125When I feel stress 128-139Im concerned about the fast heartbeat, my whole family has a very low heartbeat everybody in my family.Sometimes I have very slight chest pain and un comfort, like a stinging feeling on my left chest and a bit pressure on my chest and my upper back shoulder. Every once in 2 weeks I get a nerve cramp in my chest…1-2 months ago I had severe chest pain and high heart rate,I went to do full checkup at 3 different specialist center and did all following test:- full blood test (all perfect, can send you copy to check)- stress test (very good, achieve level 7)- x-ray (all good)- Echocardiogram (all good, I can send you copy to double check)- bloodpressure (all good)- ECG ( all good, can send you copy to check)All the 3 specialist told me everything is good can not find anything…Then I have done a spine adjustment for a few times at Chiropractor see if that helped but very little change average it went down 5-10 beats…so it helped very slightly…But still my heart rate is fast 95-110 when I sit down average over the week,But today it was 115-138 and chest, back uncomfort stays…my partner helped me to massage my back where it hurts and my heart rate dropped to 95, 30 min afther massage back to 130One of the specialist told me I can best visit a ELECTRO-PHYSIOLOGIST

What can you advice me? Will this be something you can help me with? What can I do to reduce my heart rate? Will this bring me any complications or danger if I keep walking with this fast heart rate?Can I still exercise? Is this to do with my spine or nerve system? Or any other reasons?Thank you!!Frederik

Maybe get a d'dimer blood test (a non specific test that can give false positives, but almost never gives false neg) it can rule out a blood clot with low levels, but raise concern of a blood clot with a high level. It may be a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lung), but I must say that I am not a medical professional, but have studied medicine a lot these last few months as I am a medical mystery at the moment....so I wouldn't excessively worry about it being a PE, but would bring it up to a doc.

Also, I noticed you seem to have an abnormal(ish) increase in heart rate while sitting and standing compared to your laying down numbers, (usually, one's pulse goes up by 10 bpm upon going from laying down to sitting, and sitting to standing, then returns to its normal level after approx. 1 minute) But, my heart rate is about 80-85 while laying down and 120-150 while standing (took pulse 1 min after standing), which means that I have been diagnosed to have a condition called Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (or POTS) ...its a type of dysautonomia (or dysfunction within the autonomic nervous system), which you MAY have as well.

so, if i were you, i would consider bringing up a Pulmonary Embolism/a d'dimer test as well as POTS to your doctor during your next appointment...

hope this was helpful, best of luck(:

also, about your concern about your tachycardia (fast heart rate), one doc told me that a GENERAL rule of thumb is to take your age and subtract it from 220 to get your max heart rate, like a cap that once you go over could cause some damage, which for you would be 188 bpm, however this is just ONE doctors GENERIC opinion/rule/trend, and would not live by it, but hopefully it gives you an idea/frame of whats too high (like CRAZY high, like time to go to the ER high...)

hope this was helpful, best of luck(:

* added another paragraph to this at the end in post below...