HI, I have severe palpitations and can’t find rest and regulate heart beat when I am excited. Am I effected by postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome?

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome is common reason for chronic orthostatic intolerance, disabling patients to perform everyday activities like work or going to the school. The mechanism of the disease is incomplete. Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome represents symptoms of orthostatic intolerance. An increase in heart rate from the supine to upright position can be noticed, of more than 30 beats per minute. It is followed by hypotension, dizziness, nausea, palpitations. POTS is common, affecting patients from 12 to 50 years, mostly female. Even resting tachycardia is common in these patients.

i have had POTS for several years now, since about age 15. i have severe head rushes while raising my arms above my head which lead to black outs for about 5-10 seconds. i have been unable to attend classes in high school not showing up until 10 am because i can't wake up. my heart rate is about 3x as fast as normal when i move or stand up, i wake up every morning while my body is still asleep and i feel like dead weight. there hasn't been much research on it that's proven which makes it difficult to treat. i have my good and bad days, bad more often than good. i just would like to know if these will go away soon. i almost didn't graduate high school, and cannot schedule college before 11am. It's really hard to cope because people do not understand and think i'm just lazy.

Hi Klugh, I know this thread is over a year old but did you ever get any answers? Or did it resolve on its own?  I have a possible diagnosis of POTS going on right now and resting my heart rate ranges anywhere from 92 bpm to 110 bpm.  Sitting is another rate and light activity another and then there is exercise which I can't do for very long at all, so it affects all aspects of life.