I have father who started to complain he suffers from trembling. His hands tremble and I understand how annoying it could be. That is why I need to hear something about trembling, what is that. Can you tell me about causes and treatment, if there is any treatment for trembling at all? Is there some home treatment or home care we could do to help him.

A tremor is other or medical term for the same condition your father is complaining about, trembling. That is an involuntary movement or shaking of any body part. Sometimes, even head or voice may be involved in trembling movements. It is often most noticeable in hands, as you reported. There are three main types of tremors, first one is resting or static tremors, which occur while hand or affected body part is at rest. Intention tremor is second type, and this one occurs when person is moving hand or affected body part and disappears at rest. Postural tremors occur when patient is holding hand or affected body part in a particular position for a period. Tremors can happen at any age but tend to be more common in older people; I believe your father is in this group. He could develop that trembling from fatigue, stress, anxiety, or even rage. However, an ongoing trembling that is not associated with a change in your emotional state may be a sign of some medical condition and should be evaluated.