Hi, my mother was diagnosed with Melkersson-Rosenthal disease recently. But, I don’t really know what it is. Could anyone give me more information?

Hi, Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome is a rare neurological disorder manifested by recurring facial paralysis, swelling of the face and lips and folds and furrows can be seen in the tongue. This disorder starts in childhood or early adolescence. Attacks can reoccur after a few days or after a few years. In some cases swelling becomes persist and, eventually becomes permanent. The lip may change it’s shape and elasticity with a reddish-brown discoloration. The cause of Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome remains unknown, but is considered that a genetic predisposition is present. These symptoms can occur in Crohn's disease or sarcoidosis.

Can you tell me her symptoms ?
Your can write to me directly at ****

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I am a 35 year and just this past Sunday noticed a tremor in my hand. It did not go away on Monday so I went to the doctor and she recommended me to a neurologist. Unfortunately, I can not be seen for another two weeks. I have had a lot of stress lately but nothing so great as to cause these tremors. They are getting worse by the moment. It only effected one hand and now it is affecting both to the point that it is hard for me to type this message. I am terrified of going to the neuro but my body has never reacted this way (maybe when my father was dying.) My knees are starting to shake and when I lay down I feel as though my arms want to jump out of there skin. One more thing, I am on my period right now and have not had a bad period since my kids were born. I am waking up with lose bowel movements . I don't know if this is just a coincendence but I have not this bad since pregnancy. Can someone help me - am I just a nervous wreck, should I go the hospital?

Melkersson-Rosenthal-Syndrom Treatment

Successful and simple treatment of MRS with Anti-Histamins see my homepage

http://tennisarm.ch/melkersson.htm

Best regards, Thomas