Hi, I have had hep c 1a for 4 years and failed treatment and developed chronic liver disease, i am waiting to go on methadone or subutex.Please could anyone give me some advice on which is safer for me to take.
Thank You.

Hi there, they both have similar effects on the body and i htink it mostly comes down to opinion as to which one would be better for you. Which one do you feel would work best for you?

METHADONE IS WONDERFUL FOR PAIN CONTROL AND IT HAS THE LEAST SIDE EFFECTS - I WOULD TRY THIS FIRST. REMEMBER TO TAKE MIRALAX AT THE SAME TIME THOUGH FOR CONSTIPATION.

I also have hep c, an i was in the methodone program for 2 and half years, it didn't hurt my liver. I have now been taking suboxone for 3 yrs. an i haven't had in bad effects to my liver from either drug. You just have to decide what maintenance program is best for you. I strongly suggest suboxin, or subutex, because methodone is very difficult to come off of. The w/d's is so much worse than coming off opiods. Hope this helps you out.