I have a condition that makes me feel like burping,but can't do it. I also have a quite tender,painful sternum that seems as though it's being pushed out.
Can someone shed light on this painful situation?

Hi, I'm 17 years old, and I have the same problem. When I was a baby, and my mother tried to burp me, it either didn't work at all, or i would burp up partially digested food. Then when I got a little older, I developed Pectus Carinatum... here's a link if you don't know what that is... nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003321.htm ... Even now, after years of growth and development, I still have a slightly pointed sternum, AND it is physically impossible for me to burp. I can eat and drink as much as I want, soda, beans, anything that causes gas, and still not burp. I have tried EVERYTHING, even once tightening a belt around my stomach to the point where it felt like my guts were going to pop, and still nothing. I get odd gurgling sounds instead, and I've come to learn how to suppress the sound. I've never felt actual pain, just a bloated, uncomfortable feeling. So I know what you're feeling. I've never told a doctor about the burping problem, but I have been treated for pectus carinatum...although the treatment plan was to painful so I gave up and am waiting for my insurance to cove the alternative surgery option. Hope this helps a little.