Please tell me what disorder may cause protruding sternum. I saw some pictures of persons with that chest abnormality and that scared me. Is it hereditary disease? Can it be corrected with surgical procedure? Is that so called pigeon chest?

I think that pectus carinatum is what you are thinking about. It’s deformity of chest caused by protrusion of the sternum. It’s also called pigeon chest and occurs more often in males. This disorder usually may be corrected by surgery.

Hey, im 15 years old and i have a protruding sternum i guess. I feel self concious about myself when i have take my shirt off. No that im fat but becuse of the bump in my chest. Im a physically fit person and i play alot of sports but i really want to have surgery!!!! Im sick of it and need somthing to get rid of it. Any ideas on places to get sureger. HELP MUCH NEEDED!!

dude i feel ur pain im 15 and have the same problem but i went to a doctor and he said that a to have surgery to fix this he has to break ur chest in 3 places and it's a very long recovery process so im waiting until maybe some new procedures in fixing this come out

but what has really helped me is trying to build up this part of your chest so it wasnt as noticable for me this wasnt easy because i never liked doing bench press because my chest would stick out even more therefore i never really worked my chest so i have been trying to do puchups every night like 10 sets of 10 or something like that if u do this for a week u will already see a difference

dude thanks for the info if you wanna talk i would really like to. I havent met anyone with the same thing before. My screen name for AIM is e mmons m 7

I love u guys i been asking people all year what the hell is wrong with me and now i found people i am 15 years and 4 months and i lost a lot of body fat in the past year. I owuld like to thank you for your forum and i hope you guys find a way to get past yours. i been working out a lot and just liek yyou guys the past and year and been trying to build my pecs to cover it up.

Wow it is not fair to first have man boobs then have a screwed up sternum.

I feel your pain.

I GOT THAT PIGEON CHEAST 2 AND I HATE IT I WISH I COULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT I TRY TO DO PUSH UP AND SIT UP 2 TRY TO GET IT SMALLER SO NOBODY CAN TELL WHEN I GO TO THE POOL OR TAKE OF MY SHIRT PEOPLE SAY WHATS UP WITH UR CHEAST U GOT A HOLE IN IT OR SOMETHING AND NOW I DONT EVEN WANT TO TAKE OF MY SHIRT

WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS PLEASE HELP ME

For protruding sternum just contact Trainer Joe and his company Pectus Services. He makes a brace for kids with pectus carinatum.

PectusTrainer@aol.com

You need a prrescription from your doctor for my brace.

It is called the T-Joe PC. This stands for Trainer Joe, PC (pectus carinatum) pigeon chest.

Call the office for more info. 800-505-9408

Trainer Joe
(website under construction coming soon)

I have the same thing...

I've been working out alot lately, as well as indulge in the sport of wrestling.

It really has helped the appearance of my problem dissapear. However, I have uneven pectorals, so when I turn a certain way, my chest appears a little off balance. I'm still trying to fix it.

I don't think surgery is the answer. Just work your hardest and make do with what you have.

Hey I Feel Your Pain Guys

My Chest Protrudes For Some Odd Reason. I beilieve I Broke It ABout 4 Years Ago On The Trampoline And Ever Since It Has Grown Outward. Its Also Slitely turned outward on the side my heart is. it may also be an inlarged heart. Or It Just Comes Out For No Reason At All. I'm Glad that I'M NOT THE ONLY FREAK IN THIS WORLD, lol but ya this blows. I want to get a hammer and smash the c**p out of it but that might do worse.

I read about the dude who's 15 well me too. ya i was really fat and had man boobs but had a growth spert and now i'm mega skinny and now i gotta have more problems >:( it sucks having this chest thing like what the hell!

I've Been Working Out For About 7months and i'm really seeing an improvment so if that helps anyone one work out your pecs.
anyway i want a brase or whatever so i'm getting one. One question is it noticable? cuz i don't wanna look even more freakish!

DUDE THIS SUCKS! I FEEL WITH YOU GUYS I HAVE A PIGEON CHEST AND I THINK IVE HAD IT SINCE I WAS 12 AND I FEEL REALLY SELF CONCIUOS WENEVER I GO 2 THE BEACH OR TAKE MY SHIRT OF AND YOU CAN STILL SEE THE BUMP THROUGH THE SHIRT :-( IVE BEEN TRYING TO DO EXCERCISES( FLYS, BENCHPRESS, PUSHUPS) BUT ITS NOT REALLY WORKED, I THINK MAYBE IF I PUT ON WEIGHT IT MIGHT HELP BUT I DONT KNOW!!!! ALSO I CAN PUSH MY CHEST IN AND I WAS WONDERING CAN ANY OF YOU GUYS DO THAT? IS IT JUST ME? IT GOES ALL THE WAY IN AND IT LOOKS LIKE IF GOT A FUNNEL CHEST, BUT THEN IT POPS OUT AFTER LIKE 2 SECONDS? I FEEL YOUR PAIN :-(

Happy/sad to hear all of you with this problem ( pigeon chest). I have a 13 yr. old girl and 15 yr. old boy with this chest abnormality also. No family history of this. I am searching for remedy. I will call 800 number provided.

Adversity develops inner strength and beauty. Your all BEAUTIFUL.

Sincerely, a mom

My 16 year old son has severe pectus carinatum and he looks COMPLETELY NORMAL after wearing the T-Joe Pectus brace for about 7 months. He wore the brace to school and it was not very noticable under baggy shirts. He is totally happy and looks great.
To get more information about the brace, go to pectusservices.com, or e-mail me at **** and I will be happy to give you more information about our experience.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **