Hello, I'm 16 years old I feel like I have pectus excavatum. I havent been diagnosed, but i feel like I have all the symptoms (shortness of breath, feeling of heart beating close to ribcage, ribcage closing in on my lungs, etc). Ive been smoking weed for about 2 years now but since I've noticed these symptoms I find myself getting paranoid and my heart beating very fast. If I do have Pectus excavatum is it safe for me to smoke pot? Is my paranoia due to these symptoms? If anyone has answers it would be greatly appreciated.

My sister and I both have Pectus Excavatum, more important than those symptoms is, how does your chest look? does is cave inwards at all? its caused by a misalignment of the sternum and if it is serious enough to cause those symptoms, it should be quite visible. If it is not visible (no indentation at the bottom of the sternum or rotation of the sternum causing your chest to seem concave) you do not have pectus excavatum. My sister and I both smoked weed and are fine, it certainty doesn't help an already diminished breath capacity but it shouldn't do any real harm. If you do smoke habitually though it can cause you to focus in on certain sensations or physical traits, my guess is that its in your head. However pectus excavatum is best operated on when you are young, My sister had hers corrected I did not(now wish I did) so you should really go to a doctor(specialist, most doctors wont know what it is) and have your chest examined.

I have been looking up Pectus Excavatum and marijuana smoking to find out if it is safe. I in fact have a very obvious case of PE and, for my first few times smoking, got very paranoid about my heart beating against my sternum. As it turns out, most people with PE also experience some degree of paranoia whilst smoking weed because of their heart. I recommend taking it slow when you are smoking. I take nice steady drags, a couple at a time, and I get a pretty solid high. If I feel myself coming down I smoke some more. You can still enjoy toking with PE, you just have smoke as much as you feel comfortable with. So yes, your paranoia is directly linked to your symptoms. You probably have some very minor case of pectus excavatum (unlike my whopping chest crater). I would just see what your doctor says about it.

i have an extremly severe case of PE, i feel my heart beat extremly fast when i first started smoking but over time my body got used to it, probably because i smoked anywhere from 2-20 times a day everyday

Aye brah I have pectus excavatum nd I've been tokin for 7 yrs now. Trust meh I know from expierence weed does no damage of any sort. But, I do advise to lay off tha ganja in other words take breaks. It usally takes a full 30days for weed to clear system, so chill a month then somke and then repeat tha process.

↑Adding to first reply↑ Tha paranoia comes from tha high it just means your a beginner smoker. I've smoked almost more than a zip in one day before nd was hella lit but tha more you smoke tha more you'll be comfortable being high. I smoke weed like someones mami smokes cigarettes, but when I get high I'm used to it I've been high getting introuble by a principle ffor ditching school the principle was so frikkin dumb I was lit off my ass while smelling like weed in his office. He said oh your not high.

Yes smoke it might help just smoke a lot though, you should be fine cause I have pe n I been smoking 4 five years. But no cigs ugh! Let me know u feel

I have a pretty moderate case of pe. I started smoking very young over the years the chest pains and paranoia stayed the same. When I feel this pressure/irregularities in your chest don't pay attention and go outside and get fresh air cuz if you concentrate on it, it will lead you to the spiral of paranoia despair which in turn can cause it to last even longer. Important thing is to think positive. And don't smoke in hot humid confind room and definitely don't smoke cigs cause now I constantly feel pain from cigs. Just vape you can vape anything nowadays. Word of warning dabs are butane based and can really duck with you in everyway their thick and nasty stuff and nearly put me in the hospital due to my case of pe

Do you still smoke weed and if so can you show a picture of what your chest looks like.

I smoke even after the nuss procedure and i don’t have much issues just try not to fall on your chest. it’s sucks but is worth the surgery

Hey i'd like to know more about what happened. I have PE for sure and dab a lot, especially being in between jobs. What did you learn?