A week ago on Monday morning when I got up I got vertigo as I sat up in bed and had to lie back down instantly. It lasted for a few seconds. I found I had to roll slowly onto one side and rise very slowly. I checked my bp and it was fine and so was my blood sugar. It didn't happen again until i went to bed that night. as soon as I flopped back onto the bed it happened again. I found it would also happen when I moved my head to one side as in rolling over in bed but not to the other side.

Although I felt a little dizziness at times during the day it was never the severe spinning I got from arising or laying back down. I even bent over once during the day to inspect my trailer axle without any problem. It's been a week now and I still get the vertigo from the movements I described.

I found a name for it and a description that fits exactly at the NIH website.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001420.htm

I am going for my semi annual physical next week so I'll see what my doctor says about it.

Just wondering if anyone else here has experienced this?

I am recently going through menopause and experience vertigo more often when I look up or bend down

I didn't come back with the results after I saw the doc. He didn't think it was anything remarkable, just another one of those things that happen as we age. It has lessened and I have become somewhat adept at dealing with it so it doesn't really bother me anymore. I can feel it starting when I move my head in certain ways so I can stop it by stopping whatever movement I'm making at the time.