I am 21 and am having a tight feeling in my throat, almost like I need to burp but I can't, but the feeling seems slightly to the right of my throat and in my neck. Also the tighness is not constant, but comes and goes, when it does feel tight it also hurts slightly to take a deep breath.

I am 24 and having the same problem. Feels like something is stuck in my esophagus. And it hurts to swallow or breath deeply and now I am feeling dizzy.

26, similar symptoms. ongoing for about a year. varies from nausea to globus sensation, incessant burping, general discomfort. slightly to the right of throat in neck rings a bell for me.

*Bump*

Anyone? Same symptoms, doctor says its stress, but is quick to try meds. Like another opinion

same problem. 25 female here

I had the same stuff going on and was diagnosed with laryngopharengeal reflux (sp?). Basically it's just a little stomach acid is coming up and spilling over into the vocal chord area. This causes it to swell and get irritated. All of those wonderful feelings you mentioned are common in this disorder

same problem, seems to come and go

I am 44 and have had this problem for over a year. I was told I had something wrong with my gall bladder. It was removed! I then was told it was acid reflux. The meds didn't seem to help. I've been told it is an motility problem. I'm not taking any other drugs until I know. I was also told it was Globus. I know that something is wrong but don't know what to do next. My medical bill are growing, but I am miserable most of the time. It's not fun when a person can't eat.

Ive had something similar (tightness in throat more towards evening (35 yrs old male) I have since found that it is a common stress related symptom

Any answers?

After having routine checks to rule out heart problem, i was said to be suffering from STRESS/ANXIETY a year ago now. I take lanzaprol to stop the acid, but only when i feel i need it. Still suffering acid/tight chest/lump in throat/occasional dizzy spells, worse when under pressure at work but can live with it. Had a lot to drink over the last week(BEER MAINLY) and have to say has made me worse. On a Detox now and holiday in 3 weeks so should feel human again very soon. I find the biggest problem is worrying that you have something more wrong than you actually have. Hot Baths are a big help and im also taking vitamin B complex which is said to help, remains to be seen though.

I have this same problem and its causing a slew of other problems most notably heart palpitations and weird heartbeats. The location is right under my adams apple it's so tight I just wanna shove something down my throat to expand it and loosin it up...

The only time I feel a little relief is if I get a good burp relief will last for about 30 seconds.

My symptoms are chest pains along with sweating and pain traveling down the RIGHt arm. It feels like a lot of pressue. If I could just burp i would be fine. What I have been doing is taking an ANTI Gas like Malox, if I just take an anti acid it does not help. After drinking the ANTi gas in about 2 minutes I start burping and ALL the pain goes away. Lately this has been occurring more frequently. Can someone PLEASE help with this?

I find it highly possible that you are suffering from tight, spastic throat muscles due to a bad habit of leaning on your hand with your chin. What happens is you apply so much force to your chin for long periods of time that your muscles tighten up, spasm, and swell. This causes some acid reflux, and the swelling also makes it feel like gas is trapped there. Please study your habits, and you just might figure out what has been the problem all this time. Posture is incredibly important to health, and most doctors do not emphasize this enough. They just treat the acid reflux without using common sense to locate the cause.

I am 21 years old and I have also been having the same types of symptoms. My throat starts to feel tight and the only way to relieve this tightness is to burp a lot. I also tend to clear my throat a lot, I was diagnosed with acid reflux about 2 years go and have been on medications since then. They do not really help. When I eat food it feels like something is stuck in my esophagus/throat. I have had a gastroscopy done and also went to an ENT to get a scope down my nose to look at my vocal cords and etc. Everything appeared normal and they even told me that I had no evidence of reflux. So I dont know why I got diagnosed with acid reflux. But I was also told that I could still have reflux and that the reflux has not caused any damage yet. But yeah, stress definately makes my symptoms worse. Lately, I have just tried to deal with these symptoms. Maalox liquid usually gets rid of my tight throat feeling since I think my main cause of tightness is acid reflux. Pain in the butt symptoms, buts its been 2 years and I am still alive!! Feels like you can't breathe a lot of the times but I tell myself that I have not died before during these episodes and nothing dangerous is happening. Good thoughts usually help me feel less anxious during the times I have these symptoms and by morning, I am feeling better.