I have a feeling that something is pressing against my adam's apple and the urge to burp. It feels ok but worsens during the day. I get a tightness also in the back of my neck later in the evening , sorta of like a pain you get from hold your head 3 inches off the floor. I have no sore throat, doesnt hurt to swallow and feel no pain other than that of my adams apple being crushed... Any help.....?

I just read your message. I have this same sinsation except i feel a slight pressure between my shoulder blades. Not as noticable as the pressing against my adam's apple. No sore throat. I feel like I need to burp and I do more often then ever. I had my thyroid checked. Its OK. Had a endoscopic. It was OK. I had this for two months now. I'd like to know if you have had any luck in find out was it is.

The same thing is going on with me! And this weird sensation just appeared today. I hate it. I feel like I have to constantly burp to be relieved of the annoyance. I wish someone knew what this was...

See a cardiologist

Did any of you guys find a solution to this problem? sounds exactly like my issue as well.

omg cant f*****g burp

i have had this same problem for only 3 days and i already find it unbareable. if u really need to burp but cant sit on a chair upright and lean forwards with your head about 15 cm form your knees and this should help you burp. i have had advice from my mother (who is a very experienced nurse) to go and be checked for diabetes. which is what i advise you do. i will write back on here if i find i have got diabetes and this is the cause for this discomfort.
i was also wondering if anyone else has had the feeling of being very thirsy but only in the area of where the adams apple would be ( as i am female) as this is my biggest discomfort, however burping relieves this for a minute or so.
Katy x

I also. forgot, i am only 17 and i smoke. i was wondering if i could ask the age of the other guests on this site as i am a little worried i am very young for such a discomforting problem. I also feel when i eat something i dont have this horrible lump feeling in my throut, however after an hour or so it comes back. If anyone manages to shed some light on the cause of these symptoms please email me: ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

use gaviscon, i had this problem, honestly it works. take 2 tea spoons after every meal, and before bed, for around weeks. its stomach acid coming up (hense the burping feeling) and has damaged your throat.
hope this is helpful to anyone.

I also have this problem!!! it is scary. I also have a feeling like i have had something sour almost or like a inside shiver down my neck and jaw, do any of you get that when you get the feeling of needin to burp?? i want it fixed!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricopharyngeal_spasm

Saw this on another thread, its annoying but apparently nothing to worry about and nothing you can do.

Sounds like acid reflux. I have the same problem. Change your diet: no coffee, acidic fruits, or deep fried stuff. Eat smaller bites. Eat more frequently. Hopefully it helps.

I had the same thing try drinking crystal geysers mineral water it helped me a lot

It doesn't "sound" like that at all. I don't know what sort of acid reflux you have, but mine is under control with medication and the symptoms described above have cropped up since. Thanks for wanting to help, but there's not even a remote comparison to acid reflux, which is an acidic, raspy, sometimes fiery, burning sensation. This is like having a thumb pushed into that soft hollow just above your breast bone, and pressed hard and constant against your trachea, and it simply won't go away.

There is no magic.