I can't type much so i'll make this short. I've had wrist pain in both my wrists on and off for almost 2 years now.  The pain is right on the ulnar and more on the top of the hand on my left wrist. I've seen 4 different specialists and the first three gave me really blunt, primitive answers. They tell me i'm in pain, give me a pain pill, then send me home with a brace and make me wait 3 months. My pain is getting worse and I NEED to find a diagnosis before it's too late. I need my hands to work or i'm going nowhere in life. I'm 18 and I can barely sit through my college classes the pain is so bad I go to the bathroom and run water on my wrists just to ease it a bit. 

I've had multiple MRI on both of them, but it's been about 6 months since i've had another one. The doctor i'm seeing now lives an hour away from me, but so far he's the only one i've found in 2 years that seems to know what he's doing.. at least I hope. He gave me a cortisone, steroid type shot in my right wrist which he diagnosed with a minor strain on my TCFF ligament by looking at the old MRI. And he says my left wrist is a minor sprain..

None of this feels minor to me though, the pain is off the scale, nonstop, all day pain. I've been checked for arthritis and it seems I don't have any signs of it, just a lot of inflammation and pain in my tendons.  

Has anyone else ever dealt with prolonged wrist pain and overcome it? Is there any other treatment out there besides RICE? The treatments i've been prescribed so far just seem so out dated.. it's frustrating. It's 2011 I figure there has to be something new to try other than ice..

Any ideas/advice would help.. I train jiu jitsu and mixed martial arts. Until I figure this out though I won't be training anymore. It's something i've become passionate about, it's a big part of my life and I was doing so well. I don't wanna give it up. I feel so depressed.  What can I do?

I'm in a lot of pain, any help would be appreciated. 

You may  ask your doctor if he can recommend you to a Physical therapist or an Occupational therapist. These people are fairly knowledgeable and trained to deal with what you are currently experiencing. 

Although you might want to check on Extensor Carpi Ulnaris Tendinitis which is also closely associated to a TFCC Tear/Sprain. Also, a question, when is it that you experience pain? Is ti everytime you try to move your wrist? Everytime your rotate it? If that is the case, a little bit of advice: Don't move it! Give it a break and try resting it. I know this will be pretty hard since it will definitely affect your daily occupations and activities but resting is and might be the best way for now while you are seeking answers and solutions to your problem. The time frame for full recovery might be 8-12 weeks. I know that sounds too long but yes I suggest you immobilize your wrists. 

So how do you immobilize it and refrain it from moving? An Occupational Therapist may suggest splinting of your wrist. 

I hope this helps. :)

Any resolution updates...dealing with the same circumstances. Doctors have been of no help geting a second opinion and MRI soon, but still trying ot be proactive about this...pain is unbearable.

I have the same problem, I am 17 and have had xrays and mris but they can't find anything wrong! There must be something wrong as pain doesn't happen through no cause surly? I love climbing and I play the guitar but I can't do much of it anymore, I even struggle to write in school! Hopefully soon I'll find the answer and get my life back

I have worked very physical jobs over the last 20 years or so. I had wrist pain in my left wrist. After many dr visits, physical therapy. I had an MRI done, my lunate bone was filled with fluid. I had bone graph surgery iit has helped but my wrist is stll stiff and i am limited on the amount of weight I can lift. Hope this helps.

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I have had wrist pain for years now and I'm 28. It started when I was 21-22. I'll be honest I started self medicating and have been ever since because I went to my doctor and they did an x-ray, saw nothing and gave me nothing and dismissed the problem. It's caused me more problems though of which I'm going to deal with tomorrow (court) and I was just sitting here thinking about how this all started and the wrist pain is still full on if I don't do anything about it and is spreading to other joints now.