Hi, Just wondering if anybody else has had these problems. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and last week my left ankle started aching in the joint. I'm now having trouble walking but I know I haven't done anything to twist, sprain etc it. Then 5 nights ago, my right thumb started aching and hurting in the knuckle joint. 2 days after the pain went away but now I've got a sore left wrist. What is going on??

Hi, I am experiencing the same thing. At about 29 weeks as well, my knees started giving me pains, soon after, both my wrists and finger joints(all of them) started hurting, expecially so when I just wake up from sleep. Its not that bad as to make me drop things, but there is a perpetual dull pain throughout the day. My mom thinks its because I'm vegetarian and dont take eggs. I dont think that has anything to do with it tho. Am hoping it will vanish after delivery. Cant live with this pain.

Can't speak to the first question, but the second is clearly pregnancy-related arthitis pain, caused by an increase of fluid retention in the joints. It does indeed go away as soon as baby arrives.

I started experiencing joint pain in my fingers, knuckles, and ankles at about week 35. I searched on-line and found that people with Hypothyroidism (which I have) have a tendency of developing these joint pains. I noticed extra swelling in those areas also.