I had a tear in my rotator cuff as well as a tear in my bicep repaired and some bone spurs removed from my shoulder on Tuesday. It is now Saturday and the wrist of that arm is very swollen and painful. Is this normal. I went to emergency last night where they exrayed it and said it was fine, but I don't feel fine

Did you fall on your wrist when you tore your rotator?  That happened to me.  I had surgery April 19, 12 on complete tear of subscapula and ripped long head bicep off the bone.  When I fell...I naturally put my arm out and landed on my wrist and shoulder.  My wrist was also hurting badly for almost six months.  I kept telling dr it was bothering me.  He finally xrayed it.  Showed possible chip in bone...but nothing broken.  Did mri...BEHOLD...THREE TEARS in my wrist from original fall.  Wore wrist brace for two months.  He said they were small...so he hoped scar tissue would correct it before surgery needed.  It still bothers me...but is better.  I would ask for MRI.  You most likely have met your deductable...so shouldn't be more than $100.00 your part.  I wish you well.  Have them give you a wrist brace from your ortho guy.  I bought over the counter...but they didn't work as well as the ortho guy's!  Good luck!

ALSO: If you are in the shoulder sling...run a 12" ruler under your arm, leaving enough out to rest your hand on. Keeps wrist straight and takes pressure off wrist. That helped me alot. Good luck!!