I'm 22 years old, and over the last 6-7 months I have developed terrible pain my right wrist, arm, and fingers. Fingers going numb, shoots of pain up my wrist, aching constantly. I first went into doctor about 4-5 months ago and they diagnosed me with early stages of carpal tunnel. However, they decided to do a EMG nerve test to verify and that tested negative. Also, arm splints don't help. They said it is probably not carpal tunnel then if arm splints don't help and EMG tested negative.. The pain as of right now is getting to be unbearable, I'm getting very nervous that I might have to switch careers because of this. This is pretty much changing my entire life... I have recently went into a Physical Therapist and they suggested strengthening my shoulders, arms, etc. (I'm 22 years old, 6"2 and weigh 126 lbs). They gave me exercises to do, putty and told me to join a gym. I have been doing exercises for two weeks and have joined a gym and making rounds on the machines (so far no relief). I am hoping this helps because I am about at my wits end here. Pain is 24/7.

Things I am currently taking, B6, B12, Calcium, Omega 3 Fish Oil, and Naproxen for pain. I am also taking Wey Protein shakes after I work out at the gym.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what might be wrong? It's good I guess that I probably don't have carpal tunnel, but then what do I have?? Seems like doctor's aren't helping. I will continue with exercises and gym for the next couple months and pray to God it brings me some relief.

My mum had the same thing as you, and at first she was told it wasnt carpal tunnel, but now she has been told it is carpal tunnel and is waiting for an operation as she can hardly work because of the pain. Go to your doctor and get him/she to check again to see if it is carpal tunnel

Same thing. Went on for a year and disappeared. This happened three times over ten years. I had carpal tunnel surgery when my left hand and wrist just stopped working. This year I found out its rheumatoid Arthrists. It's a classic progression. If you don't see a rheumatologist it will get missed.  See a rheumatologist!!!