Hi all. I’m 27 and just had major eye surgery on right eye. But, after surgery I’ve noticed uneven pupil dialation on the left eye. Doctor says eye is healing well but mentioned nothing about dialation problems. Is it normal for the pupil to have dialation problems during recovery from surgery? Will it eventually go back to normal and match the size of my other eye? Thanks for replies.

Yes, that is quite normal and I believe that pupil will get back to normal very soon. I had apterygial removal with a graft put on myself. After the surgery, which, by the way, was successful, I too noticed that the pupil dialation is uneven. I also was very sensitive to light at that time. But, after a week or two, when my eye completely recovered, everyting got back to normal. I think it will be the same with you. Good luck.