I have a pinguecula in each eye. If I get it removed by Dr. Gulani it's $5K per ping plus $2-3K for anesthesia and then $300 office visits, so that's $13,300. I definitely don't have this kind of money. I'm going to have to get a second job. I've done a ton of research and it seems like everyone who has gone to Dr. Gulani has loved the outcome. I haven't heard one negative comment about pinguecula surgery going bad. I've heard about other doctors, such as Dr. Hovanesian, who have performed surgery on patinets who have had drooping eye lids, red spots, etc. Has anyone gotten surgery though Dr. Gulani? Does anyone have advice on who I should go to? Thanks!!

Yes I've had pineculae removal on my left eye late June 2012

Dr Gulani removed pineculae from my left eye , it has been two months since surgery . My eye is still red on the conjunctiva hopefully this will go away. I came all the way from Australia to get it done. I think my eye is taking longer to heal because I've had thyroid problems, graves disease and thyroid related eye disease . I tried a dr in Korea and dr batchelor in the US but said they couldn't help because of my thyroid problems . I hope I've made the right decision and that my eye will heal soon and begin to look normal . There is a little
Inflammation around my pupil.

Hi. I had a ping removed in Sept. 2011 but not through the doctor you mentioned. I am replying to your question because I was surprised about the cost involved. My surgery was 1200, but insurance took care of most it. The bump is gone now, some redness remains but it looks and feels a great deal better. There is a slight scar where the stitches were but its not too bad. The surgery was painless. Be prepared for your eye to be incredibly red for a couple months. I had the surgery while I was on maternity leave so luckily I didn't see many people while I looked so bad.

Good luck to you!

I had pinguecula removal surgery back in July 2012 from Dr. Gulani, so it's been 4.5 months almost. My left eye looks more while, but my right eye has MORE veins. Both eyes are dry and both eyes have a heap of conjuctival tissue folded in the corners, which is normal for the surgery. What's also normal is for veins to grow back. It's only been 4.5 months. Who knows how many veins will grow in a few months. I'd advise against the surgery considering it is $5K per eye plus 2.5K for the surgury center and then you'll keep getting $90-500 bills in the mail after that for a few months from the surgery centers.

I also know that people are going blind from the i-brite procedure, so DONT get that done.

dr. gulani did ping surgery on my left eye 12 weeks ago and my eye looks worse. He keeps telling me it is completely normal.Beware

You are right on Dr. Gulanis billing tactics. he also got me on the mgp procedure told me that it is not covered under insurance which it is. charged me for punctual plugs again told me not covered by insurance. told me i had 4 pingueculas. I let him remove the first one, the next day after bandage was off,I asked him about a dark spot in my eye
His reply was I do not know if that will go away, I am not god, 12 weeks later I have a red blotch in that eye. I am going to see DR. Shawn Klein in NJ tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if they have any knowledge of him?

Can anyone send me their names or contact info? I'd like to follow up with you all. Thanks! I have some tissue growing back after 5 months...so depressing.

I found out I have abnormal healing and abnormal vessels growing unlike what Dr Gulani was telling me.Very disappointing.Send me your name and number and can contact you.

I found out I have abnormal healing and abnormal vessels growing back, unlike what Dr. Gulani was telling me.Very Disappointed! Send me your name and number and can contact you if you like.

Hi

i have Ping on my left eye, Can u recommend the doctor that you went to?
thank you

I know your post about your eye surgery is old but I am interested in knowing what were your symptoms that caused your insurance to cover most of the expense. I am considering having both eyes removed of pings I have developed over several years in the sun. I have heard insurance will not cover this because it is considered cosmetic even though my eyes are always irratated. Please email me with any info you may be able to give me. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

My email is

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Thank you again.