Hi, something is happening that freaks me out every single time! My left eye has been dilating couple of times during the last week, and I don’t know what even triggered it. Does it happen often that pupil get dilated in only one eye?

Hi, it happened to me couple of times, and it scared me a lot. I saw in the mirror that a pupil in only one eye was completely dilated, and the other was normal. Every time when it happened, I had a headache. A friend told me that those symptoms could be connected. It scared me, because I thought it could be a cancer. But when I went to a doctor, it turned out that it wasn’t a cancer or nothing similar. It was related to my panic disorder, from which I suffer for the last couple of years. I get panic attack so often and have so many symptoms, that I didn’t see the connection with pupil dilating. Maybe it’s something else in your case that triggers eye dilating, so you better visit an eye doctor.

hi. I just put some eye drops in one eye i got from my college health center because I have a scratched cornea. My eye immediately dilated and has been since. Is this normal?

What drops did they give you and did they use any other ones whilst they were having a look at your eye?

this happens every once in a while: one pupil dilates, the other gets small. i do have a tumor on my pituitary gland but its not big enough to cause any damage to my eyes (i've had tons of ct scans to make sure). any ideas whats going on? i have been to just about every eye doctor around here and no one knows what it is or what is causing it. they run all of their test and then tell me they have no idea.

helllllllp :-(

My dog also has just had this happen, he has one pupil dilate and the other becomes tiny, any ideas i'm really worried for him.

Last night he was out and got stuck in a fence - my mum assumed he had run off somewhere and eventually gave up looking and went home. We found him today and this has suddenly happened.

No idea if the story means anything or has any impact. Please any ideas? :'(

my sister has dizziness that immobilizzes her ,cant walk ,drive or anything .she has one eye dialated .dr.says she has maneiers disease .she does not get better . she needs help . any suggestions ? ***private e-mails not allowed***

This can be a sign of something serious, you should have gone to the doctors. It can be a sign of an impending stroke. I hope you're ok.