I think that my son’s left pupil is larger then the other one. Like only 1 pupil is dilated. Is that possible? Is it dangerous? What could it be? Thanks. Worried mother.

When 1 pupil is larger than the other one it is possible that he suffers from Adie's syndrome. It is a condition in which one pupil contracts more slowly than the other in response to light and it’s usually caused either by a malfunction in the mechanism that controls the dilation reflex or from a harmless inflammation of the eye nerves, although there could be more serious causes. A single dilated pupil could indicate a brain injury, stroke or tumor.

Well I am not sure if this is the correct name for this condition but I think it is called anisocoria. Somebody correct me if I am mistaking. However this is a condition that is characterized by uneven size of pupils. I think that this condition occurs when you have problems with your optic nerve. This condition can also happen as a side effect from drugs or lesions in eyes. So as you can see there are different causes of this condition. I think that this can be fixed with surgery. If I am not mistaking David Bowie has this condition. I am not sure that I have noticed this in any of his TV appearances.
I hope that this was helpful.

Ive had serve problems with my eyes. I had a Cat scratch directly on the cornea, glass purposely droped in one eye, sun stoke, and brain damage( pushed into a brick wall by a group of kids and they broke my nose. I had spend a night in the hospital). Out all this I have no idea what caused it. To this day my eye sites been horrible. Im glad I'm out of high school though the kids use to bully me and call me crackhead. I heard colour contacts hide the dilated pupil, but can also scratch the cornea. Hopefully this helps. I really don't want your son to be called mean names like crackhead in high school. Teenagers are cruel. I hope he's okay.