Hi, lately I my mother discovered that she has uneven pupils, and now she read somewhere that it indicates brain tumor. Is it actually related to brain tumor?

Hi, my mother died of brain tumor and my sister had one pupil bigger than the other as one of symptoms of brain tumor. So, what your mother read is true, but it doesn’t necessarily needs to be related. Uneven pupils can be congenital, and perhaps your mother didn’t pay attention to it before she read that article. Some nerve damages and diseases or trauma can affect pupils. I believe you must be very scared, but if your mother doesn’t have history of tumor in her family and her eyes are not usually prone to developing disease, her chances are low. Anyway, have it checked by her ophalmologist.

Well,
The thing is that this can be related to some brain problems, but you have to know that there are several more reasons why someone can have uneven pupils. Sometimes eye medication can cause this issue. Do you know if your mother is using any medication for eyes right now? I also know that some plants can cause these phenomena in people. Head injuries and central nervous damage are also likely to cause this problem with eyes. Adie’s pupil is the condition that doctors still don’t know what is the cause, but this can also cause people to have uneven pupils. Also there are several ways to treat this problem so tell her to talk to her doctor.

All the best,
Nelie