I would like to hear from those of you that have had surgery and have recovered. I am having a bone spur removed from both of my big toes. I am on my feet 75% of the day at work. I am terrified now that I've read the posts on this website. Has anyone had successful surgery? How long was the recovery time?

I had this surgery in November of 2012.  I had a bone spur on top of my right big toe joint.  Recovery time was not too long.  I wore the shoe boot for 2 weeks.  My foot was very sore on top and bottom.  It was as if the whole joint was bruised really badly from the surgery.  AFter 2 weeks, I was walking pretty normally.  I did not have problems until I went back to work as a flight attendant.  That irritated it.  I think it might be due to the shoes I had to wear in addition to very long days on my feet.  However, I am a super active person and Im on my feet most of the time so if you wear appropriate shoes, there's not too many negatives. 

The only shoes that the doctor said I should wear for a good while were athletic shoes with a big toe box area.  If I wear anything else, I pay the price.  The nerves will burn and I will have quite a lot of pain.  This also sometimes occurs when I have a super unusually busy day on my feet. 

Hope this helps you.

i am having a bone spur removed in 10 days i feel very nervous after reading all the problems i read ,it would be nice to be able to fit into a normal pair of shoes not high heels she i go ahead i would like some feed back

I am searching for the same answers......... but only on one toe...... How did you make out? COuld you please let me know.... Also who did the surgery? A Podiatrist or an orthopedic Dr?

I had a bone spur removal surgery about a year back. Before the surgery took place I was in tremendous pain but fortunately enough I consulted the most acclaimed orthopedic surgeon long island who told me that I should immediately opt for surgery rather than delaying the process and increasing the pain. After surgery, I recovered quickly in around 4-5 months. During this period, I graduated from a soft cast to a boot. The right shoe is necessary to keep your pain at bay.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use