Hello, I was treating my panic attacks for a long time with xanax. Before three years I was diagnosed with anxiety disorders. Two months ago, I stopped taking xanax because I felt much better than before. Recently my panic attacks came back but somehow I manage to control myself better than before, and can get trough them much easier. However, I noticed a change on pupils dilation, as if they are open wide during attacks. Any suggestions, anyone?

First of all, congratulations on finding the strength needed to fight with your panic attacks without drugs. The thing with pupil dilation in not concerning. That is the simple fact that in the state of panic attack you are producing more adrenaline, and your whole body is in the state of alert, so your eyes are open wide so that you can view as much as you can. Your mind is telling you that there is an enemy that will somehow harm you, so your pupils adjust to that state. They are closely watching after every shadow or light movement around you. Often the light and pupil dilation for some white spots, which your brain can think are some enemies or monsters or whatever. It would be a great thing if you were living with your parents or husband so they can comfort in those situation because a familiar face will calm you down. Hope I helped a bit, if you have any questions more or you get panic attacks more often you should consult your doctor.