I had sex today (unprotected, no condom) and had missed one birth control pill five days ago on Thursday night. I took 2 pills on Friday night which was the start of my new pack. I know the chances of getting pregnant are higher when you miss pills at the start of a pack. What are the chances of getting pregnant from this one missed pill?

Hi Cowsgooink!!! I think your chances are extremely slim of being pregnant. Usually the pill is 99% effective when used regularly. That means it fails 1 time out of a hundred. Doesn't mean you can get pregnant 1 time out of a hundred. Just that it fails. The planets all have to be lined up to get pregnant while on the pill! What you should NEVER do is double up though OK? As soon as you have realized that you have missed one, take it. Don't take 2 at the same time - because it is double the hormones - which is never a good idea. Also the reason why they say that your chances of being on the 21 day pack are higher, is that your body is allowed to have a period then you go back to regulating. So SOMETIMES it can happen more often with the 21 day pack then the 28. But I wouldn't worry about it OK? If you are dating - I'm going to sound like an old wife here 8-| XD ;-) - but using a condom EVERY time is the way to go. Only for one reason to protect you from STD's which is a life long sentence. And there is a HUGE spike in the STD's including the old ones - Ghonorea(sp) and Syphillis(sp)! Where I live Syph has increased by 2000%!!!!!!! So just be careful and good luck and no more double dipping OK?!!! XD

Alright, thanks :3 Luckily I have had only 1 partner for a long long time! We are both clean so I don't have to worry about std's. =) I get what you are saying with the 21 day pack, but I am asking if I can get pregnant from missing one pill at the very start of a 28 day pack. =)

If it's the 28 day pack I would worry even less!!! 1 pill is not too much to worry about at all.

Alright thanks =) I was just worried because the instruction package that came with my pills said it was most dangerous if I miss a pill in the first week of a new pack, and that was what I did lol =/

Talk about frightening someone "MOST DANGEROUS!!!" LOL Glad I could help, if you start to thnk you might be, just wait till you are supposed to get your period. But pretty sure you are totally ok!!!