I have been taking Yaz birth control pills since December 26, 2006 for medical reasons. I have only missed one pill since i began and it was in the first pack and i am now on the third pack. However, my boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex three times. He pulled out before ejaculating, although i know that i can still get pregnant from that. But I am concerned that i could get pregnant even though i am on the pill because two of the times we have had sex i have taken the pill after sex and about two hours after my regular time of taking it each day? Can taking the pill about two hours late cause me to get pregnant? What are my chances of becoming pregnant?

I am actually wondering the same thing...this happened to me the other day. I was two hours off and I am not sure whether to take action like Plan B or not to anything in case there is a chance I wont get pregnant. Will someone reply!

DO NOT take plan B if you are already on the pill.....not only is it totally not necessary but it will be way too many hormones for you.

2 hours really does not make any difference really...I swear (it might make more of a difference if you are on the "mini" pill but I doubt you are)
Of course it is more effective if you take it about the same time every day but its still extreamly effective (more then condoms against pregnancy) as long as you take it daily (regardless of the time) I never took mine on "time" not once in the 15 years I was on it...and i didn't get pregnant until the month I stopped the pill and wanted to (so i am obviously 'fertile') Sum it up...try to take it around the same time every day but don't lose any sleep if you are a few hours late here or there. As long as you get them in there and keep them in and take them at least 2 hours apart (if you miss one one day and have to "double" up) your chances of becoming pregnant are slim to none...Of course try to keep it on a schedule, not only to help you remember because it does increase the effectiveness a little

whew, thank you so much, I was wondering the same thing. I've been stressing out about it lately and it's finals week, and I've been eating a lot and not going to the gym lol so thank god my stomachs big just because I've been stress eating and not because I'm pregnant

Hey, i have a similar question. I am on microgynon 30 and i am religious in taking my pill at 11 pm. The other nite tho, my bf and I had unprotected sex at around 10:30 pm after which took my pill. He pulled out before ejaculating tho. Is there still a chance i could get pregnant?

my friend does it all the time, shes forever taking her pill a few hours late and shes been fine so far. :-)

2 or 3 hours late is perfectly within the realm of effectiveness. You should try to limit it to 3 hours' difference at the MOST, but if you miss it by 6 or less, your effectiveness will not be compromised much. If you're ever concerned, though, you can always use a back-up method for the next week. Condoms are probably the best option, provided you know how to use them properly, but if they aren't available, the pull-out method can be a good alternative. Just make sure that, if you have sex multiple times in a row, he pees before each time. This will allow his body to flush any lingering sperm out of his urethra (or at least kill them with the acidity of the urine) so that his pre-ejaculate should not contain any sperm, thus reducing your risk.

@Guest: microgynon is a combined oral contraceptive (same two hormones as Aviane except in higher doses), and so if you take it a few minutes off - or even a few hours off - you will still essentially have the perfect use effectiveness level. In addition to that, using the pull-out method is 96% effective when used perfectly. Over a whole year, if you had sex consistently and used these methods perfectly, you would only have a .012% chance of getting pregnant. Given that's taking into account probably hundreds of acts of intercourse, the chance that you'd be pregnant with just this one is probably one in a million. You are probably fine.

Note: those of you taking the "Mini pill" with progestin only will have to abide by different guidelines. For the mini pill, you have to be much more exact with when you take it. Missing it by 3 or 4 hours CAN compromise your effectiveness IF you are on one of these pills. If you have a hard time taking it at the right time, I'd suggest setting an alarm on your cellphone or something. If you still can't take it at the right time - because you have a busy schedule, because you're living with parents who don't approve, or for whatever reason - I'd strongly suggest talking to your doctor about options that might be better for you.

Im taking yas for almost 2months. During that period i never had a sex. and now i had unprotected sex after taking the pill (3hours ago) will i get preggy if im going to miss the next tab?

I am on aviane and was wondering if less effectiveness could occur by taking the pill a few hours off every couple days or so. And by a few hours off, I mean some days I won't wake up til 5 hours late of the time I should have gotten up to take my birth control. Am I okay?

Hello, I have been on birth control (yasmin) for a year now, I usualy take it everymorning between 7-8am when i wake up, one day I forgot to take it and had unprotected sex about 8 hours later, I came home and took the pill straight away which means I had taken it late by under 10 hours. I have carried on taking my pills as normal, but is there any chance i could become pregnant? Please reply

I was taking the sugar pill for a week and then wasn't on bc for a week. My bf and I had sex and right after that I started my new pack right after we were done. Should I be worried about becoming pregnant? After we had sex I've been taking the pill every day but I'm. Scared because I was off it for about a week then he came inside me and then I took the pill. Please help!

Hi, I've been on the pill for 2 years and the other day i forgot to take my pill at my normal time as i had work but in that morning my partner and i had unprotected sex and he ejaculated inside of me by accident, i only realized i hadnt taken the pill when i went into my room about 14 hours after i normally take it. Please tell me if there is any chance i can be pregnant? I dont want to worry my partner if there isnt anythign to worrty about!

I am on lo estrin and I had unprotected sex and took my pill 3 hours late... I am usually really good about taking it on time though and this is the first time this month that I've taken it late. He pulled out before ejaculatinf but I'm still concerned.. Do I have a high risk of being pregnant?

What happens when you forget to take your pill one day and have unprotected sex? But he pulls out before ejaculating. Then you have to take 2 pills the next day.. Could you get pregnant from forgetting one day?

hiye, same thing happned to me but at different times. i was wandering if you tturned out ok?