Can someone explain me what is the difference between inflammatory arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis? Are those two different conditions or just type of conditions? My grandma suffers from arthritis of the hip for a long time. She will maybe need an operation. I just realized that I don’t know what it means, I don’t understand her condition. I will appreciate ant explanation. Thank you.

Arthritis literally means "inflammation of a joint” and in some forms of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis, the inflammation arises because the smooth covering on the ends of bones wears away. In other forms of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis, the joint lining becomes inflamed as part of a systemic disease which is considered the inflammatory arthritides. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the three most common types of inflammatory arthritis that affect the hip.Rheumatoid arthritis is a systemic disease of the immune system that usually affects multiple joints on both sides of the body at the same time. Other two are Ankylosing spondylitis and Systemic lupus erythematosus or lupus. AS is a chronic inflammation of the spine and the sacroiliac joint that can also cause inflammation in other joint. SLE is an autoimmune disease in which the body harms its own healthy cells and tissues