I have heard for one male infant that had abnormal swelling on undersurface of penis. There was also and history of post voiding dribbling of urine. Someone suggested a crescent dilates op penile urethra without any proximal or distal obstruction. I am very interested why it wasn’t done urethroplasty to this boy? Can you explain right treatment of this kind of disorder, and is urethroplasty right choice?

According to details you reported, I think this patient should be taken up for Nesbitt’s urethroplasty to achieve a near normal caliber neourethra. After this kind of urethroplasty is done, I would recommend unfolding dorsal prepuce. Also I think there should be done and underlying dartos layer with subcutaneous tissue to dissect from dorsal shaft skin till the base of the penis. Usually, Nebsitt’s urethroplasty is recommended with dartos pedicle flap as a primary treatment of choice in surgical correction of congenital scaphoid megalourethra. Aim is to achieve a satisfactory recovery with minimal morbidity. General urethroplasty is used particularly to correct urethral stricture in the young or following repeated recurrence after urethrotomy. Variety techniques may be used, such as excision and primary re-anastomosis, particularly for short strictures in the bulbar urethra. Excision and substitution free tissue grafts or vascularised flaps also might be used in urethroplasty. Staged procedures are particularly for long strictures and ones that have been unsuccessfully repaired previously. First stage is concerned primarily with excision of non viable tissue. Later stages concentrate on retubularisation of urethra, after urethroplasty.