New Reply New Topic Followed by 11 people

I am a 20 year old suffering from chronic nausea. I used to get bad "attacks" every now and then, but now its EVERYDAY. Its worse especially in the mornings and after i eat. it doesnt matter what i eat. today i had crackers and water and thought i was going to be sick. the nausea was horrible and nasty. i had an ultrasound done, and they found polyps on my gall bladder. my dr. said polyps usually go away and are of no concern. i am having a HIDA scan done tomorrow, because he said my gall bladder might not be functioning. if this is true, could my gall bladder be the cause of my nausea? I have been suffering for 8 months now. im DESPERATE for answers. the nausea just WONT GO AWAY.

I also started with chronic nausea last year at age 22. After my Hida scan with cck they saw that my gall bladder was only contracting at about 14%. They took my gall bladder out last March and I am doing much better. I still have some bad episodes of nausea every week, but it's not nearly as bad as it was. I also had a gastric emptying scan last year to see if my stomach was simply not working. So on top of the non-functional gall bladder I also have gastroparesis (delayed gastric emptying). So if you keep nausea attacks after the surgery ask them about the gastroparesis. But also remember it can take some time after surgery for your body to adjust to the changes, so try and be patient. Zofran (an antiemetic) seems to be the drug of choice for my nausea. God bless you and I'll say a prayer for ya. I know your pain.

wow, both of these sound exactly like me. i've been really sick with chronic nausea and some dizziness for the past 8 months or so, and the doctors had no idea what was wrong. i've lost a lot of weight, and am only now starting to build up my eating again as i get used to the nausea more. a few weeks ago i had a HIDA scan done and they found my gallbladder ejection rate was about 18% at the most. i also have a history of slight gastroparesis, but the drugs i've taken for that haven't helped, so i'm hoping when i get my gallbladder taken out in a few weeks this will all be over.

good luck to both of you, and thanks for making me realise that i'm not alone.

You're lucky. I have had nausea for 3 years now everyday and they have done everything from a hida scan to an ultrasound to endoscopy and put me on all kinds of medicine. Nothing. I hope it goes well for you, but be careful what you eat after you get your gallbladder removed. My mom just had hers taken out a week ago and she has eaten a few things that caused her a lot of nausea and pain.

Get a new doctor... When you have pain and nausea that won't go away and your doctor is just medicating you for months or years on end, get another opinion. I did this. They found polyps on my gallbladder and are removing it. I've had 3 opinions from different doctors and they all say the same thing. Polyps of a certain size are not good. Gallstones are different from polyps. Polyps can become cancerous the larger they get. Get a doctor that will listen to you. This is important. Wishing you health and happiness!

Hi there, I too have been suffering from the same complaints. I am a 26 year old female, just had two kids, (i believe the hormone change in pregnancy adds to gallbladder problems) and I am a very healthy slim person, So I am very gutted after finding polyps in my gallbladder - and possible surgery required! The Doctors have suggested no surgery and a further check up scan in a YEARS TIME, but I am going to go private to have the surgery - My nausea is now every day at some stage (mainly night time and early morning (like morning sickness) - I have went without any medication as I dont believe in all these drugs. I would love to hear from anyone who had the same complaints and has went through the surgery - are you now better? have you had any worse side effects? -

- Wishing you all health and happiness! (and God Bless Too!)

I have a diagnosis or gastroparesis (main symptom: chronic nausea). I did have a few good years though. Recently I got sick and did a HIDA scan and my gallbladder was functioning at 13% (biliary dyskinesia). I am very nauseas and dryheave a lot. I had my gallbladder taken out Thursday and I am still incredibly nauseas....what is going on?

I can't believe i finally found a place where people are experiencing the same thing as me. I began having nausea two months ago that was worse in the mornings. pretty much constant, but mostly better in the evenings (but still lingering in the background). Sometimes I would have nights where I felt like my old self, but not often. After much testing and experimenting, found that eating bland foods helped somewhat. Docs found gallstones and thickened walls and inflamed gallbladder. It was removed 1 month ago today. Two days after surgery, back to the nausea. Exact same pattern as before, except eating bland foods doesn't seem to help as much. have had CT of head and chest, all sorts of blood work, EKG of heart, upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. Only thing showing up was a slight hiatal hernia and some irritation in the lower esophagus. Currently on nexium and reglan. that doesn't seem to help. I would love to hear what any of you have found to relieve and/or determine what is going on. I was the picture of health and very active prior to this episode. Now it has effected every aspect of my life. Constant nausea is the pits. Thanks for any guidance.

A lot of the stories sound like mine. I'm only 23, male. I used to be as healthy as horse before this episode. It all started with episodes of nausea that was worse in the morning and after eating. It all started in March of 2008. After a month of this my symptoms got really bad and I ended up in the Emergency room. In hospital they took whole lot of bloodwork, x-rays, ultrasounds and what they stopped on was HIDA scan which determined that my gallbladder ejection rate was at 5%. Doctors decided to remove my gallbladder to improve my symptoms. A week after my surgery my symptoms were back. I've been in and out of my doctors office for the next 3 months. Finally did a gastric emptying scan to find out that I have Gastroparesis. So now I'm on Domperidone which kind of controls my symptoms. I just hope it doesn't last for the last of my life. Hopefully one day it will go away for all of us.

10 months ago I became extremely nauseous and after 2 weeks of missing work and not being able to eat I went to a GI dr. I also am Bipolar and take lithium. The minute the GI dr saw that he wrote me off as a nut. He told me I didn't look sick. He did however humor me and had many tests done that all returned normal. A spot was seen on my liver but he told me it was favorable. I have lost 45 - 50 pounds, mostly in the first 3 months. I have "taught" myself to eat so my family and friends didn't worry about my weight. I fired the GI dr. and thought I would just live like this. It must be in my head. I would learn yoga to relax. A friend convinced me to see another doctor and I did. She was great. I had a HIDA scan that showed low functioning gall bladder. I have an appointment with a surgeon next week. After researching, I am becoming increasingly concerned that the gall bladder is not my only problem. Gastroparesis was mentioned by both doctors is this "common" for both the gall bladder and stomach be involved?

I've been Dx'd with Gastroparesis prior to having my GB removed. I have polyps on/in my GB, and have been managing better by eating a healthy diet. I haven't needed any prescriptions yet, but I'm just barely maintaining my weight and symptoms. My success has been following a low-fat and healthy fat (Mono/Poly fats) and doing OK, but not perfect. It took a while to see any differences and I miss some of the 'ol c**p I used to enjoy--but I don't miss it enough to deal with the nausea. My Gastroparesis is assumed to be viral related, those with other forms may have to look into different treatment options.

I've been researching mineral deficiencies, it seems that Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, and Copper regulation can play a large factor in my symptoms. By keeping a food journal I could tell I wasn't getting enough of many, and my multivitamin wasn't helping there either. I've not taken supplements long enough to know if they'll help or not... but I've got hope.

One thing that does help me with the Nausea is DGL Licorice. Look it up, lots of good info out there. Also, I avoid PPI antacids if at all possible, they help with heartburn but may make stomach and GB motility worse. The long-term drugs for GP are Reglan and (outside the USA) Domperidone. I'm afraid to try Reglan, but would if I had to. There are some other experimental treatments if those don't work. For example, I read that they are researching Viagra for Gastroparesis. Right now it's still in the animal testing stages but looks very promising.

I have a 12 year old daughter who has been sick for nearly 1 year and we couldn't figure out why. We thought that maybe it was a school anxiety, although she likes school and does well. She finally had a hida scan done last Friday and her galbladder function is 14%!!!! She is only 12!!! Anyway, my fear is that she will have it removed and still have the nausea...i know that would be best for her to have it taken out, but is there anything else the Dr's. can do? I will be taking her to a pediatric Gastroenterologist and would like to go informed....

i have neasea as well............i have tests done. my gallbladeer is thickened, congested and gallstones not functioning well.........i need to get it out.i also have depesia symtpoms whcih may or may not b from gallbladder.........im not realy sre whats going on with my tummy but have had issues for years, but now getting worse.im on prevacidx2 a day

Omg I am having the same problems I have been getting nausesous for the past 3 months every single day but it happens mostly during the night and I get bloated and everything just disgusts me but the disgust of the food happens during the whole day my mom makes me eat but I just can't seem to find it in me to do so it's so repulsive everything makes me sick even the smallest and healthiest thing :-(! By the way I am 17 years old! Just recently about a week ago my regular doctor ordered for me to get an endoscopy done but they found only it was just a minor gastritis so it wasn't bad but then my doctor said it might be my gall bladder causing my nausea, so he ordered a Ultrasound to find out if I needed the HIDA Scan done & they found out that I did need it so they then made the appointment for that & I just got it done recently it took forever literally like 2 hours now I have to wait till this Monday to find out what is going on I am nervous but at the same time want to find out I kind of hope it is just because if it's not I have no idea what could be causing this :-( What do you guys think it could be?

I am 43 years old and going through the same thing severe nausea as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. I don't have any pain. This has been going on for 7 mos. I have had 2 doctors opinions. I take 50mg phenergan and protonix for acid reflux. I have had a pap smear, colonoscopy, endoscopy, 3 ultrasounds, 2 CAT scans, h-pylori test. Every test has came back ok....but my nausea is getting worse. I'm not trying to diagnose myself but I feel so frustrated and somewhat crazy, bc the doctors haven't found anything yet. I have lost weight and I have had to take a medical leave of absence from work. I am to the point that I just want to tell my doctor to just take my gallbladder out anyway even though it seems to be fine. I am desperate and don't want to be this way anymore. I am now in depression bc of all of this. I just want answers and to be normal again. Does anyone have an answers. I am sick of the nausea. help.