I have heard about vitiligo. I know that this skin disorder is caused by an autoimmune process. It affects skin pigment cells and destroys them. As a result, there are areas of skin without pigment. I would like to know if this also affects black people as well as the white ones.

Yes, it does affect black people, i have a daughter and she is black, it started off a little small dot on the back of her right leg about 7 months ago and now it traveled from her right foot all the way up to the right side of her buttocks. it's starting to spead in her face now, and i'm kind of having a problem with that because the insurance i have dont cover the medication and it is very expensive.

Hello I am a dark-skin Black women and I have had this skin disorder since I was about 10 years old and now I am seeing more color on my skin disappear, I am now 50 years old and it is getting worse I will be going to the doctor this week and I'll let you know. I love my dark skin and hope I don't change skin color, Anymore then I have Since it didn't hurt I really didn't let it bother me but now since we have great insurance I will see what is going on .Some people say stress can accelerate the problem I think so because since my new marriage and new stepdaughter I'm losing color all over my body,Hummmmm

I suffer from vitligo at such an early age,my parents went to doctors in many places with the hope of curing me of the disease. However, my conditions did not get any better despite the expense of a lot of money. They decided to have a try and took me to a Chinese hospital. The affected sites on my body had improved significantly in less than a month. After reinforcement treatment of experts, I have completely recuperated my health and I have become cheerful. I would like to share this with whoever has the same problems,you can talk to their doctors on the website of vitiligotcm.