I was born with blond eyelashes over my left eye and black eyelashes over my right eye. It is very noticable to me so I avoid mackup as this excentuates the fact that they don't match. I have met many people with different color eyes but never any one else with different color eyelashes. What is a good way to deal with this?

My son has different color eyelashes. I'm hoping he thinks it's "cool" when he gets big. :-)

I wish I could help you, but I'm in the same situation. I was born with blond lashes on one side, and brown on the other. I think I look fine... but whenever I see a picture of myself I discover that it makes one eye looks "vague" and the other defined. I look like there's something wrong with my eyes. I tried getting them professionally tinted, but they never quite matched, it only lasts for 2-3 weeks, and is expensive to have to repeat week after week.

Yeah I also have very blond/colourless eyelashes on my left eye, and very dark black eyelashes on my right eye. And yes in pictures, one eye looks 'vague' and the other 'defined' too.

It's definately a genetic issue, since I was born like this. My eyesight in my left eye (with the blond/colourless lashes) is poor, and in my normal eyelash eye my vision is normal.

Does anyone else find that in your blond eyelash eye, your vision is worse? Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, there isn't anything you can do to fix it I don't think; if there is, I would like to know!

I do to. But it's unique, so be glad for it! I am!

Same here. I'm glad though, it makes me different.

You're right, it does make you different and unique. I think it is wonderful! I worked with a lady who had one blue eye and one brown eye. Over the brown eye her eyelashes were brown, but there was no color in her blue eye eyelashes. I thought she was beautiful, as did so many other people. Of course, she was able to deal with the eyelashes with mascara and no one ever knew they were a different color, but the eye color was a little different and couldn't really be masked. She didn't wear colored contact lenses, she just went natural and it was quite striking. Lots of differences that can really be appreciated. Thanks for sharing your uniqueness with the rest of us.

I was born with one blonde eye lash and one brown eye lash, I was also born with three different colors in my hair. People always asked my mother way she did that to me. People now dont even say anything because they think i do it professionally. Yeah my eyes do look funny in pictures but i dont try to change a thing. I think it looks cool. I had three children and none of them inherited this. My question is way did this happen?

I'm not sure how familiar some of you are with genetics but it's known as incomplete dominance. It's when you get two dominant genes fighting with each other and both of them sort of "win" by being expressed at the same time. It's nothing to worry about nor is there really a treatment for it beyond mascara or hair dye to cover up the color. It's something to be proud of since it's unique and also there's nothing you can do to change it!

I too have inherited this condition but since I have dirty blonde hair, it's not as noticeable as if I had black hair. Not only are my eyelashes blonde on the right side, but my eyebrows are also lighter on my right side and my hair has a streak of blonde on the right side. I used to be made fun of in school, but I never really paid much attention to it and felt it just made me different. I've tried the eyelash/brow tints, but they look awful when first applied (the eye lash dye was a disaster, it stung like crazy). I use an eye brow pencil to even out my eye brows, but I don't use any other eye makeup and I get my hair highlighted so the blonde blends in. I did chalk it up to genetics because my mother has very dark almost black hair with brown eyes, and my father has dirty blonde hair with blue eyes. I'm the only one who inherited this condition out of 5 children.

I do wear glasses but it's my left eye (brown) that is worse than my right eye (blonde). :-D

I also have this condition. My left eyelashes are brown and my right eyelashes are bleach blonde. I have dirty blonde hair but the right side is bleach blonde, i normally part it off to the side to make my hair color appear balanced. I also have noticed that i do get some random blonde hairs in my right eyebrow, but i normally pluck them out. I personally refuse to do any dying of tinting of my eyelashes or hair because i do think it makes me unique. Although i do wear mascara and eyeliner(it takes a lot of practice to make them appear even). I fought the idea for a long time, but i hated look at pictures of myself because one eye always looked more define and the other looked vague. But i never have had any vision problems (20/20:D) so maybe its not related.
Unfortunately, i have no idea how this condition is passed along. No one in my family has ever had it (that I no of at least, lol). But when i was born the nurse told my mother i was kissed by an angel. I have always loved that saying and it has always made me embrace this part of me. I also have never met anyone else with this condition (i have met people with 2 different eyes though). I guess that means we are even more unique! :-D

omg i thought i was the only one.. i got the same thing light brown on left eyelash/brow and blonde right eyelash/brow, mousey brown hair but on the blonde side i have a chunky red streak... i don't understand how it can be anything to be proud of as I was teased every day on way to school and at school being called such things as a freak and alien, left me with pretty bad complex from a young age and low self esteem for years but thank god for makeup and i dye them occasionally too (don't care if it's too dark) so i rarely have to tell anyone about it... was petrified my kids would have this but yet to see, glad the other poster who has had kids didn't end up with this because i'm sorry but there are some really cruel people in this world when it comes to being different.
I actually went to see a genetics doctor at a hospital once but chickened out when was supposed to go back second time so thanks to healthnfitnessguy your post because now I understand it more on a genetic level, and thanks to everyone else for posting so i now feel a little bit normal about it! you know once i even convinced myself i was meant to be a twin and that my egg didn't split when i was a feoutos that's why i ended up with two different sides, lol!

Hey guys.
Theres product out there that is actually mascara but it's long-lasting. Theres a few different types I've been told about (I work in a pharmacy and often have shifts in cosmetics). One is a month lasting kind which I unfortunately don't know the name of, although there's another less expensive one by L'cosmetican <--- Or something along those lines. It basically dyes your eyelashes for weeks at a time. It's super cool. Look at your local pharmacies, I know Rexall Pharma Plus' have it if you're interested.

Hi,Glad to hear from others out there as I have never met anyone like me before. On my left side I have blonde eyelashes & eyebrows & on my right side I have brown lashes & eyebrows. I also have blonde hairs on my left arm & brown hairs on my right arm.There it ends as from my waist down everything is the same colour !!! Tried dying but never looks right. In photos my left eye never looks so well defined.

i too have two different colored eyelashes (brown on left and blonde on the right). someone else on here said that their eye problems occur in their eye with brown lashes, and i also have a slight sight problem on the darker side. i also have a lighter eyebrow on my blonde eyelash side. also on my lighter side, i have a bright red patch in my hair. my hair has three colors naturally (mostly red, but also light brown and blonde). someone once told me it was a birthmark, but once i started studying genetics in biology i realized it was a genetic cause. i have never been picked on, but rather people find it amusing and unique. my mom has told me i could dye my blonde side, but i have decided to keep them natural and use mascara. i too see my "vague" eye (i sometimes think it looks like a lazy eye) but i have grown used to it. i knew there were others like me, but never this many. it makes me feel good to know that there is nothing wrong with me, but it is simply a quality i was blessed with. i would find it interesting if someone could do more research on this, just to know exactly where it comes from.