My sister has problems with her reproductive organs. At least I think it is that. She won’t tell me anything but I see that something is going on with her. One time she mentioned vulvodynia. What is this?

You need to talk to your sister and ask her why is she not willing to share her problems with you. Ask her if has looked for medical attention and if you can help her in some way. I will now tell you some details about what you want to know. Vulvodynia or vulvar pain syndrome is a multifactoral clinical syndrome. It involves vulvar pain, sexual dysfunction, and psychological distress. The most common four subtypes of vulvodynia are vulvar vestibulitis syndrome, cyclic vulvovaginitis, dysesthetic vulvodynia, and vulvar dermatoses. Vulvodynia is different from itching or vulvar pruritus, it actually precludes itching because the burning and pain cause intolerance to scratching. Vulvar pain usually has an acute onset which can be associated with vaginitis, changes in sexual activity or medical procedures on the vulva. In most cases, the vulvar pain then becomes a chronic problem varying in length from months to years.