My 17 years old daughter has been having pinching pains in her labia that is quit painful. We went to the doctor and she has no idea what is causing it. There is no swolling, redness or lumps yet she cries in pain. Do you have any idea? :-(

When a woman has vulvar pain without apparent cause, it is called vulvodynia. Many doctors don’t recognize it because of that absence of visible signs and causes.
However, many women suffer from it.

The pain is usually around the vaginal opening. There are some factors that could be contributing to vulvodonya like muscle spasms, previous vaginal infections, injury to the nerves in vulvar area, hypersensitivity of the skin, or even sexual abuse.

Now, there are treatments…..medications like tricyclic antidepressants, which lessen chronic pain or anticonvulsants. Topical creams may help as well.

Maybe you should ask questions about doctors who have experience with that kind of pain and see if you could get some relief for your daughter. It is said that sitz baths work well for reducing pain.

It could be kidney stones. I have had a chronic problem with kidney stones for 11 years now. I now know that all different kinds of pain can be caused from them, depending on their location in the urinary tract. I would go to the doctor time and time again, only to be turned away with no true diagnosis. I've been diagnosed with everything from a UTI, yeast infection, and gastrointestinitis...all by exams!!! No treatment ever relieved my pain...because the doctors had misdiagnosed me. You can imagine my relief when I finally went to a urologist and I tried to explain the pain I was feeling in my vaginal area. He simply said, "Exterior labia pain is very common in females if a stone is lodged." He did a dye test w/ x-ray and indeed found stones present. The pain I had was a pinching, throbbing pain. I describe it as if I had weights on chains attached to the labia majora yo-yoing up and down. HORRIBLE FEELING!

problems with large labia:

I have big problems with large labia (minor).
1) infections most times
2) my labia heart me so much especially if I walk like only 10 minuts start to heart and fever starting to up.
3) irritation
4) to seet down heart too.
5) many kinds infections all the time.

I am very angry for my minor labia is very large. please I need help where to go for surgery and I do not know how much cost. I am worry that will cost to much. I am 20 years old and I am virgin. last time when I have infection I tried to go to see Gynocologist then tald me that I am normal said only I need medicine for infection. but I am not normal just cannot help me.
right now I do not what to do. please give me advise and tell me where to go for surgery.

Thank you for your help

stephanie

I was diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosis...possibly caused by an overactive immune system. - Itchy, biting, creepy crawly..all over labia to anus. Sucks!

But what do ya know..after 2 years of gynos..treating for yeast and gardnerella..among other health issues I was having along with weight gain, body stiff and soreness. I felt toxic from the waist down...I finally went to an endocrinologist.

I was hypothyroid!

Which now, is looking like Hashimotos disease..which of course..is caused by an overactive immune system.

One week on thyroid medication..I feel so much better..minor improvement with clobetasol propionate cream for labia...I don't itch as much..now just a bit at night.

I'm only on week two of synthroid..but things are looking up!

I have been getting this pinching feeling near my vagina sometimes

Thank you for sharing this! I pray you are well and healed! Not to frighten you, but it could be parasites. Parasites cause these symptoms, including an overactive immune system. Just wanted to share that with anyone who may be reading this post and who may also have these symptoms.

It could be a small infection. I had something similar that started shortly after my husband and I started using condoms. I used some super soft soap (lavender bar soap from Doterra) and gently washed the exterior of my vagina. It took a couple weeks but it's gone and hasn't returned.
If your daughter isn't using condemns it could just be that it's a little dirty down there. Daily cleaning while in the shower should help. She just needs to be sure to not get any soap inside as that will cause infections of another kind.

I had these exact same symptoms and mine was related to Lyme disease and a bartonella infection, also spread by ticks. I would find a Lyme literate doctor. Mine was nerve pain secondary to these infections in my body. Most doctors will not be receptive to Lyme as a cause for anything, but I would have given up otherwise bease this tyor of pa in iis brutal. I ruled out every other possible diagnosis. With treatment for Lyme it is starting to improve. There is always hope with these things. For now, ice may help her. It helps me tremendously.

That's stupid and probably not even the case, I'm sure she drinks water often...