Hi all. My 17 years old daughter that is virgin ad had no sex of any kind has severe burning in the skenes gland and nobody knows the cause. We’ve visited many doctors and most of them prescribed some antibiotics but those caused nausea. Uristat and ice pack are the only ones that help her but that is only short term solution. Have any of you had any experience with this kind of symptoms??? Does anyone here know what can I do to help her?? Thank you.

I have the burning in the skenes gland too. Has your daughters’ urine pH been checked? Eating mostly low ox foods and low carbs with no sugar is what helps me. I also took Spirulina which is all natural and with no additives or chemicals which can also bother us. I really feel for your daughter especially since she is so young… Yea, one more thing I remembered - phosphates can do the same thing as the oxalates and cause irritation so you could check that too.

To anyone with this condition I would like to help with some confusion. I first noticed my problem when I was 9 months pregnant with my first child. I was almost 20 years old. I brought it to my doctors attention at a military hospital. They correctly diagnosed. my husband was discharged from the miltary due to medical reasons and due to lack of medical insurance I continued to suffer for a year and a half.
Once I had medical coverage I was refered to a Urologist by my Gyno.
He diagnosed it as a Skenes Gland cyst. I went in for Outpatient sugery under general anethesia and sent home with a Foley Catheter and Vicodin for a week. I have not had any problems with the cyst for over a year now. When I was inverstigating my condition there wasnt much about it.
My sympoms included: Painful intercourse, sometimes pressure while sitting, and because it was so close to my urethra it made my stream of urine go to the right. The cyst was visible from the out side and was about the size of a large marble.

Hello bellissima!

Thank you for sharing your expirience with us. Hopefully, it will help some of the girls/women realize their problem and a possible way of solving it!

Thanx heaps!

I've had the same problem for over a year. I've seen a lot of incompetent doctors in the pst year and the problem has just gotten worse. Now I can't pee at all. Do you guys have that problem? I have an appt tomorrow about it, but today I can't pee! What can I do?

I just got back from the gyno and he diagnosed me with a swollen skene's gland. He said it is not common. My symptoms were first I had a "tumor" like cyst on the inside of the vagina right behind the pubic bone area. It was there for quite sometime and for some reason I thought it was "normal"? I then started to worry that it wasn't. I had about 3 occasions where my urination was very low flow only upon waking. Later in the morning it was normal flow. Lately it has been more sensitive with pressure and groin pain. My regular PCP was worried and referred me to the gyno. He very matter of factly stated it was not "cancer" and put me antiobiotics for a week. Just like that! He next said that if after a week it is still there, he will have to "operate" and drain the fluid via a catheter. He also said if I did nothing for about another year it my "pop" and drain on it's own. All I can say is that I've never heard of it and am relieved it is not something more serious!

hi i am 20 years old and have the same symptoms. She could possibly have vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. I was diagnosed last week. you need to see a specialist who is trained to be able to recognize these problems. i also had trouble urinating becasue the VVS caused pelvic floor dysfunction. please find a specialist to help you becasue i know how much it can affect your life

see the pelvic and sexual health institute of philadelphia. they can help

I don't know if this message comes too late. I have the same problem and the doctor rx'd 1 mg xanax and vaginal cream. It is a rare disorder but for some reason the xanax works wonders. I had symptoms of a bladder infection, yeast infection and terrible burning, but all tests were negative for infection. Hpe this helps

Hi cris I was wondering that hopefully ull see this but what was ur condition called ? The VVS as mentioned above ? If not please specify because I'm freaking out over here and I plan in calling in the morning and suggesting these diagnoses to my doctor, thanks everyone!

Vulvar Vestibulities is not really a diagnosis. Any persistent pain (more than a month) without presence of infections, cysts, or diverticulum is considered a VV. Basically VV is any unexplained pain.

Some women have disfunctional Skene or Bartholin glands. The glands can inflame as a result of infection and stay inflamed after infection is gone. In some cases taking small dosage of untideprecant medications for few months can help (it comes the nerves).

In my case, medication didn't help. I found doctor Michael Baggish (Cincinnati). His theory is that if duct of the gland is surgically closed the gland will eventually stop functioning (it will atrophy). I had surgery for Bartholin gland four years ago, and my gland has not bothered me since then.

Hi sunshine !
I realy want to know about your doughter condition ? did she get better ? how? I have had this f*****g problem since 4 years ago ,now i am thinking about suicide :(((

I have had this problem for well over 6 years now. The first 5 years being told I had a urethral prolapse and there was nothing I could do about it since it was not hindering my life enough. It gets worse from time to time, hurting when I sit, feeling inflamed and painful when I walk ect. Finally found a specialist  who told me it was a skenes cyst. Scheduled a date to have it lanced. Started antibiotics for it 3 days prior to procedure and by the time I had it done the swelling had gone down just slightly. He proceeded to attempt to lance it by just using some numbing spray ( which let me tell you did not cut it for me at all) I freaked out a little and he said oh it seems to be draining on its own and poking a non hard cyst was proving difficult he said. He sent me on my way, told me to continue with hot compresses, it will drain. Fast forward a week, it hurts worse, looks the same. I had a brief glimmer of hope in all this and now Im just frustrated. I would like it gone so bad. I keep doing research hoping for some herbal remedy, poltice...something. I am afraid at the outcomes of some of the surgeries I have read about, doesnt seem like a good bet. I just wanted to add this because I havent noticed over the last 6 or so years that it ever went away so for me its a constant issue. And for me heat isnt a reliever of pressure only feels to inflame it further and ice packs do not sound like fun at all. 

my daughter is going through the same thing. after YEARS of dealing with the pain, she was on mild muscle relaxers for another issue- low and behold her pain down there also stopped. after talking to the dr. we have come to the conclusion, her urethra is contracting (causing a
'burning" feeling) instead of relaxing. still trying to figure out why...but at least we have pain management in the mean time. please let me know if you have found anything else to help your daughter!

did you read my post? Flexoril/ mild muscle relaxers. 5mg in am, 5mg @lunch and 10mgs. at night has done wonders for my daughter! after a few weeks she was able to cut down just to the evening 10mgs. don't give up!

Yes I am having the same problem. It is very frustrating.I feel for her. Does she have any anal burning or irritation there with the irritation in the skenes gland? If so, just be sure there is not an anal/vaginal fissure. And I'mwondering if I use a natural soap and detergent hypoallergenic, if that will help. And diet plays a role and stress. When she is sittingto urinate,ask her to push on it and see if it makes a "squishing" sound. That might be a sign of a fluid filled cyst. I'm still adressing mine. I will get back to you if anything changes and helps. Good luck.