I am 20 years old and sexually active. For months now I have had an itchy labia majora only located on the left side.

I have tried Monistat Day or Night one application plus the outer cream and it helped for the first couple of days then it started itching again. I am not sure if it is a yeast infection or not since the medicine I used did not help. There is no burning unless I scratch it to death, which I try to not do for I do not want to cause some other infection. However, it is very hard NOT to scratch. It's also mostly at night when my mind is not as distracted. There is also really dry skin as if I have dandruff in the area, which I know is caused by a yeast infection. That is why I figured it was a vaginal yeast infection. I also have a lot of discharge that smells slightly of yeast but it isn't really nasty/disturbing smelling. In a way it's almost sweet smelling.

I was wondering if maybe there is something other than Monistat (maybe Vagisil?) that would work better or if there is something stronger. I have not gone to a gynecologist yet so I definitely need to see one soon, but I was hoping maybe it might just be the stuff I used wasn't strong enough or not the most promising of vaginal care out there or available.

Also, I was wondering if it may take a few times of using it? Mostly because I have had this non-stop itch for a while. Once more question is...is the egg looking thing better to use or would a cream "injection" work better?

This itching feeling has really started taking over my life like crazy.. :-(

I have had the same problem, and it has only been on the left labia majora. I went to my health department the summer of '09 because I was having this problem. It turned out that I actually had chlamydia. I was not sexually active at the time and had always used protection when I was. I found out later in the week that my friend who had lent me a bathing suit had it as well, and it was dirty although she said it was clean. My doctor said that people always say you can't get chlamydia from a bathing suit or towels, but she confirmed that you really can the chances are just low. I took antibiotics and it was gone in a week. The swelling and itching and the "sweet" smelling discharge. Now all of a sudden it's come back, so I believe somehow I got it again. Maybe an unfaithful boyfriend or just my own stupidity. If I were you, I would go to your local health department and get examined. They usually only cost $25.

I KNOW you can get it without having sex. I am 16 and still a virgin. I found out i had it at my doctor appointment. My Mom almost killed me! Turns out my sister in colege got it and i got it from her because i borrow her clothes and swimsuits while she was away.

Everyone, if you have been tested for all the basics such as yeast infections, stds's , etc and you are still at a lost....did you look up "Vulvodynia"  , "PNE"  , "Vulvar Vestibulitis"  " bartholin cyst" or "Interstital Cystitis"?  All different diagnosis, so please read each one carefully.  I took me a long time to find these disorders myself, so I am passing on a gift to you all who never heard of it yet. Before you gets your hopes up, there is no cure for any of these except maybe the bartholin cyst.  However, I'm not a doctor so dont take my word for it. At least you have different avenues to take now.  Good luck ladies and I feel all of your pain.  Been there, done what you all are doing and still doing it after years.  What a devestating, devestating condtion for a woman to have prolonged vagina problems.

And yes, I have the left labia thing going on too. I cant believe I just found someone with it. It took me 3 years to find you searching the web of anyone who had left labia  nightmare itch. I had std tests done and always negative.

Cut down on sugar and gluten, this isn a sickness....

Made with kefir and goat's milk, the sensitive soap and lotion made by Chuckling Goat helped me within a week's time. For months, I experienced itching in my left labia majora (Yup, the lip). Due to friction, heat, or moist, I deduced it to be a form of the lesser talked irritation-- vulvar dermatitis or eczema. I was sore and refused to be on steroids. Thankfully, I heard about the product on Hay House radio. I gave it a try and in a week, the difference is so noticeable. I hardly itch, and the soap alone can give relief and gentle cleansing to my lady parts. I am now on a mission to share about this to the many health forums with which ladies feel helpless with such condition. We need to know that there are effective and natural cures available. I am in no way affiliated with the company, but my healing led me to share my experience. Healing to you too!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Could you please tell me the exact name of that soap?

Did you ever find out what it may have been? I am also experiencing the same thing and need some advice. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow but I'm anxious to know if you found out what you had.

I have the left labia problem for years now and only do it at night as well. The only thing that helps is nystatin and triamcinoline cream it's a life saver. It has to be prescribed by your doctor. It only happens around my period time because my PH balanace gets thrown out of wack.

Try "Aveeno Anti Itch Cream" it will relieve the itch!!